Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanders,Cochrane and Gyokeres all going out on loan

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Boy some harsh comments for Gyorkeres on here. Having watched him a lot in the U23's hes a good player.

How many of you would have written off, White, Dunk, Molumby, Connolly, Alzate at these stages of their careers at least we have a manager that knows how to develop and bring players on.

International player as well.

Too right.

That will be the first time he's ever played against top quality opposition. He'll learn from it. No need to write him off

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bit harsh

Its just relative. He's still young and likely to be going to a decent Championship team on loan and performing well there. His chances to be a a week in week out Prem league striker or back up for us now look remote though. .

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its just relative. He's still young and likely to be going to a decent Championship team on loan and performing well there. His chances to be a a week in week out Prem league striker or back up for us now look remote though. .

Only Potter knows that. What will people be saying if he scores 20 goals for Swansea.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

If he ends up playing for Swansea this season, it will be interesting to compare his effectiveness with Rhian Brewster who played in the same role last season for the Swans.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Only Potter knows that. What will people be saying if he scores 20 goals for Swansea.

Yep. Players develop. We'll see. As for Potter then presumably he's sanctioned Gyokeres going out on loan having had a hard look at him over the last few weeks. And come to the conclusion that he wants other options.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Boy some harsh comments for Gyorkeres on here. Having watched him a lot in the U23's hes a good player.

How many of you would have written off, White, Dunk, Molumby, Connolly, Alzate at these stages of their careers at least we have a manager that knows how to develop and bring players on.

International player as well.
I've also watch a lot of U23's and he doesn't impress me like some players. He is also 22 and hasn't kicked on. He won't be getting another contract here.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yep. Players develop. We'll see. As for Potter then presumably he's sanctioned Gyokeres going out on loan having had a hard look at him over the last few weeks. And come to the conclusion that he wants other options.

Well lets wait until the end of the transfer window. So many of these players are for future seasons.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I've also watch a lot of U23's and he doesn't impress me like some players. He is also 22 and hasn't kicked on. He won't be getting another contract here.

So have I but I haven't seen much of him recently because he has been on loan so how do you know from recent performances what he can do? He took his goal well against Pompey. A few weeks ago a lot of people were writing off Connolly so the only people I trust are Graham and his team.

If we get no one else in, he is fine by me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gyokeres has been given a chance in three EFL Cup matches. He didn't do enough, IMO, to be a back up striker in the Premier League. I very much agree with TLO, a full season playing at Championship level is the last chance to see if he can make a decent back up striker for us next season. It would take a miracle for him to get near Maupay's level TBH.

The "happy with options" suggests more use of Jahanbakhsh and Trossard in a fluid attacking line up. I've said it before and will again - Hughton had two players for every position. Potter has two positions for every player (except Ryan, obvs).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So have I but I haven't seen much of him recently because he has been on loan so how do you know from recent performances what he can do? He took his goal well against Pompey. A few weeks ago a lot of people were writing off Connolly so the only people I trust are Graham and his team.

If we get no one else in, he is fine by me.

i trust Graham and the report says he's sanctioned him going out on loan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unduly harsh on Gyokeres. He took his goal well last week.

I agree he's not ready yet, but he's not a waste of space. We've had much worse

You are probably right, he is getting the brunt of my frustration that we have nothing other than Connolly and Maupay up front, which is really piss poor for a PL team, sorry

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
You are probably right, he is getting the brunt of my frustration that we have nothing other than Connolly and Maupay up front, which is really piss poor for a PL team, sorry

I cannot honestly believe we are NOT looking at adding a striker. Seems madness. Every PL team has spent on improving their squads, we blatantly havent. It is very frustrating as it seems like another season of nice football but no end product...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I've suitably chilled out.

I think we're going without a big signing... it's a bit like driving towards a cliff edge in a car with no brakes, listening to the Road to Hell and smiling all the while, and then looking a bit surprised when you plunge to a (very) messy and certain death.

oh well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Again, Potter's use of "options" suggests using other players in attacking roles. We don't really play with a number nine focal point.

I agree we look very thin to me in terms of back up and I'm not sure what would happen if both Maupay and Connolly were out at the same time. But, presumably this has been considered by the people actually paid to recruit and coach / manage the team, no?

In these uncertain times chucking out 20 million on another Locadia would be equally mental in my opinion and more expensive. The quality in the market is going to the top 6 - and Maupay has more goals than, say, Werner.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not surprised, Gykores isnt up to it thats for sure.

Bizarre thing with that is that no urgency to add to squad off the back of that. Surely cant be the case.

If Gyokeres could of done a job of sorts then sort of get it but with just 2 strikers then i really hope behind closed doors we are very urgent

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just will start praying that the injury demons don't get to Connolly or Maupay this season.

I might be in the miniority, but if no other forward additions arrive before Monday then I'd rather have seen us keep Murray as an option, albeit a somewhat desperate option. He may be slower than a milk float but he can still hold the ball up and unsettle defenders if was absolutely necessary.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Kind of wanted Sanders to stick around. He looked a real gem against Preston. Good all-round midfielder. Some precise passing, and looking to move forwards.

EDIT: Can't read the article but will be interested to see where he goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here