Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez v Dunk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Got a lot of time for Colwill but for god's sake it irritates me when they don't celebrate scoring against old clubs.

Harry Wilson did it against Liverpool too.

We all understand the way the game works and won't hold it against you if you celebrate.
Did you see the reaction on here after Dan Burn celebrated his first goal for Newcastle?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Considering we have played Chelsea with Sanchez before with no hassle something must have set this off at this game

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Aren't you both making the same point. He chose Chelsea over us?

Fair enough too, lets not pretend that he has the potential to win more with us than them. We know it, he knows it and they know it.

Just celebrate your goal Levi, we all get it.
Jumping back to your original point, I can understand the not celebrating thing if you started at the other club, or spent years there, but one season on loan?
If he scores against us in 10years time is he going to be all "better keep this low key, don't want the lads in the North Stand to think I'm disrespecting them"

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
It looked like Sanchez and Steele were interacting and Dunk chipped in with something. My guess would be 'Had we subbed him on for you for the penalties at Wembley, we'd have been in the FA Cup Final.' ;)
Ain't that the truth. 😩

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Jumping back to your original point, I can understand the not celebrating thing if you started at the other club, or spent years there, but one season on loan?
If he scores against us in 10years time is he going to be all "better keep this low key, don't want the lads in the North Stand to think I'm disrespecting them"
Yep I agree, to my mind it has all gone a bit far. Fair play to those who spent a long time and had real connections to a club. It was interesting that Colwill started to celebrate but then pulled himself back from it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Come on, let’s be realistic about the relative statures of our two clubs, as Westander says, I never bought into the ‘he would have stayed debate,’ he only ever had eyes for Chelsea, we’re a Premier League club on paper, but drop back down and we’ll revert to relative insignificance on a par with Hull, Preston, Barnsley etc.
I agree, like I say my guess is that as soon as he was offered some first team football at Chelsea he would have wanted to stay with them. Who wouldn't? It seems like a no brainer to me.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My first thought when we were awarded the penalty was ‘Sanchez is BOUND to save this’ after the stick he’s taken on his penalty record
Yes I thought that too. Can you imagine his celebration? Whilst not condoning it I reckon we'd have one of our fans on the pitch or something thrown.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1) Sanchez is a cock and is shit too
2) Embarrassing the OTT celebrations for beating us - they’re Chelsea
3) Colwill does love the Albion and did want to move here

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s gonna get pelters at the Amex and it’s gonna really fire the crowd up - thanks Robert you shit twat

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If we are still a top-10 team in 5-10 years, I can see the Chelsea games being the replacement of the Palace games. Both for fans and players.
They already are.

Being a 'yoof' I remember games (vaguely) in the late 70's and early 80's. We have far more in common with Palace than the scum that follow Chelsea.

As a kid, Like other fictitious religious bullshit, I was told to dislike Palace . . . And did . . . still do . . . A bit, but. A: we didn't play them for nigh on 20 years, so a generation gone . . . Then REMF. They did their bit admirally.

The Chelsea game at home last season was a proper bear pit . . .we need to do that again . . . We're a better club and a far better footballing team. . . . Palace is just banter these days. Chelsea are The new Scum, with plenty of justification. .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It doesn't matter. There was no choice!

What was very clear is that after his season on loan with us the club had a clear enough indication from the player to bid twice despite Chelsea's very clear refusal to sell him to anyone. None of that particularly matters because Chelsea refused to sell him!
Yeah it’s only us that go weak at the knees when a bid comes in for a player. Both Cucurella and Caceido were on 5 year deals. Yes we have to sell occasionally but the whole fecking midfield in one summer, horrendous.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
They already are.

Being a 'yoof' I remember games (vaguely) in the late 70's and early 80's. We have far more in common with Palace than the scum that follow Chelsea.

As a kid, Like other fictitious religious bullshit, I was told to dislike Palace . . . And did . . . still do . . . A bit, but. A: we didn't play them for nigh on 20 years, so a generation gone . . . Then REMF. They did their bit admirally.

The Chelsea game at home last season was a proper bear pit . . .we need to do that again . . . We're a better club and a far better footballing team. . . . Palace is just banter these days. Chelsea are The new Scum, with plenty of justification. .
Completely agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here