Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez: England or Spain?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s not English. Utterly absurd this residency rule, could you imagine Shilton or Seaman having played in La Liga back in the day and as a result being Spain’s national keeper? Seaman giving a post match interview in his Spain kit in his broad Yorkshire accent. Leave rugby union to exploit the residency rules, keep it out of football.

Nothing new about it - 60 years ago the Argentinian di Stefano was playing for Spain. Anyway, surely it's up to the young man himself to decide which country he'd prefer to play for?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway, surely it's up to the young man himself to decide which country he'd prefer to play for?

I don’t think anyone is suggesting NSC makes the decision for him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Mentioned on another thread the other day, but potential England defence:

-- - - - - - - Sanchez - - - - - - - --
- - White - - Dunk - - Webster - -
Lampety - - - - - - - - - - - - March

Sorted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I haven’t seen any casual racism in this thread, am I missing something? Is mentioning someone’s race now casual racism?

We are simply discussing Sanchez, if he is indeed adopted which does look a possibility based on his parents, he would certainly be eligible to play for someone based on his lineage should he wish, would be interesting to find out. It could be the case that he doesn’t feel Spanish or English :shrug:

There were

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven’t seen any casual racism in this thread, am I missing something? Is mentioning someone’s race now casual racism?

We are simply discussing Sanchez, if he is indeed adopted which does look a possibility based on his parents, he would certainly be eligible to play for someone based on his lineage should he wish, would be interesting to find out. It could be the case that he doesn’t feel Spanish or English :shrug:

Yes - a handful of now deleted posts.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think he’s stating the facts [emoji23]
3ff5e1ccd22a4a3449cb4d82c70f4259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's the first time I have seen a different expression on his face.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That's the first time I have seen a different expression on his face.

He seems to be writing graffiti on the desk....

Kids today eh?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
An accurate description from the pic of him with what could possibly be his parents though, don't you think?

Here’s a thought. Article in telegraph has said England want Sanchez. So do Spain. How about we supply a back three of White, Dunk and Webster with Lampety and March as wing backs. Could do worse👍👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here