Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes triggaaar I believe so.
That's what my brain was trying to tell me, but I didn't believe it. I find humans extremely difficult to understand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also surprised, but I think this is very, very good. Delighted with that. As well as a great CV, likely to improve our chances of landing some decent on-field talent too perhaps

We need a 'Two Sammies' song :clap::clap::clap:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Token Ginger! Every team needs one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Robbie Fowler in as Striker Coach and John Barnes to replace Richie Reynolds rapping the team lists each game ?.

Someone was on the radio a few days ago talking about the 'Legends' matches and how Liverpool were full of real legends when they play these games (compared with other clubs). When asked who still 'had it', whoever it was (might have been Phil Babb) immediately said Robbie Fowler and went on to describe how he is still a sensational finisher with right foot, left foot and head (if 'a bit paunchy', apparently).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are people wànking over this? Great appointment? How do you know? He was at Bolton FFS.

He might prove to be the best coach we've ever had, Hyppia might prove the best manager but personally I think it's more likely they'll both prove to be bang average.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Why are people wànking over this? Great appointment? How do you know? He was at Bolton FFS.

He might prove to be the best coach we've ever had, Hyppia might prove the best manager but personally I think it's more likely they'll both prove to be bang average.

Miserable git.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Obviously nobody can be absolutely stone-cold certain that this is going to be a winning combination, but at the very least it looks promising, and they are ambitious appointments which to me seem to signal some intent. That and the new American Express Elite Football thingy hopefully augur well for the future.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Both Niemi and Lee have vastly superior CV's to the 2 Spaniards we had under Garcia (I can't even remember their names). Lee was academy manager as well, not 1st XI assistant. He just needs the right role to get the hunger back.

The experience they have I think means it more likely they will be a success rather than a failure. Why do you think it's likely they will be average?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously nobody can be absolutely stone-cold certain that this is going to be a winning combination, but at the very least it looks promising, and they are ambitious appointments which to me seem to signal some intent. That and the new American Express Elite Football thingy hopefully augur well for the future.
How does it "look promising"? I've just had a look at his Wikipedia entry and as I suspected, he's done nothing out of the ordinary.

It looks what it is - an incredibly ordinary appointment. I'm *not* saying he's a loser or anything, however.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Based on coaching credentials these are excellent appointments, very pleased.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wealth of experience in our management team, both multi cup winners inc European Cup/Champions League and played under great managers as well

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
This can only be a good thing. Interesting to see how this works out with Nathan and Sammy. Power struggle? Perhaps they want Nathan for a season to help give them 'intelligence!?' on players in Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here