Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami thanks the fans

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I love NSC.

Nothing but vitriol on Hyppia when he was in charge, but now he's resigned he's a great bloke!

Not dissimilar to the hype over the weird, oddball powderpuff Hoddle who is touted in some threads as being the Messiah or the Saviour or the Chosen One, despite being overlooked for numerous vacancies.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a nice guy.

I really wanted him to succeed at the albion, but it wasn't to be, and sadly it went badly wrong.

Best wishes for the future, I wish Sami every success.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sami's statement is classy. He had to go, but he's handled himself well over it so far. Good luck to him in the future, especially if he ends up managing a relegation-threatened Championship side soon, as we'll have a good chance of 3 much needed points when next we play them (cheap shot, I know...)

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
No one ever said they disliked him as a man! He is a top bloke, but unfortunately these days top blokes are judged on results! Unfortunately it didn't work out for him here and everyone must surely wish him well for the future...............

Feb 14, 2010
Does anyone really care whether he thanks the fans or not? Personally I couldnt. He got paid to do a job, he didnt succeed. So its heerio. No emotion whether good or bad either way.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I wonder what if any pay off he has received? Presumably someone at the club wrote his farewell letter?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm guessing this settlement was ultimately to everyone's satisfaction. Sammi does the honourable thing, Tony avoids a massive compensation payout but agrees a package that Hyypia is happy with ... best possible outcome and despite the circumstances much less ham-fisted than the last two.

My view was always that this was an interesting and brave appointment and it was worth a shot - certainly more inspiring on paper than Mowbray or McDermott. It just didn't work out. I suspect we'll be going for a meat-and-potatoes British manager next rather than a young, foreign, flairtastic one.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am not being pro or anti Sami but if he said, and I mean actually spoke or wrote those words himself, I'll eat my right sock.

That is a pr department statement cleared by either him or his agent. He never would have said those words.

This is the club attempting to appease the fans with a statement...possibly even agreed on when negotiating resignation.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am not being pro or anti Sami but if he said, and I mean actually spoke or wrote those words himself, I'll eat my right sock.

That is a pr department statement cleared by either him or his agent. He never would have said those words.

This is the club attempting to appease the fans with a statement...possibly even agreed on when negotiating resignation.

I agree! Everything said, even by the players runs to a club script. They are all tied to dictatorial contracts, Don't believe the spiel!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
[I]I think part of the reason we all empathise with Sammy, aside from the fact he has been respectful and done the right thing by resigning, is that he has been incredibly hard done by.

The recruitment process at this club is a shambles, he had an impossible job really. Yes, he could have and should have done better, but I reckon Jose Mourinho would have had a tough time getting this team in the top half of the table.[/I]

Spot on!!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm guessing this settlement was ultimately to everyone's satisfaction. Sammi does the honourable thing, Tony avoids a massive compensation payout but agrees a package that Hyypia is happy with ... best possible outcome and despite the circumstances much less ham-fisted than the last two.

I think you are probably correct, it still annoys me that the extremely well paid managers get extremely well paid, for failing, not doing their job!

I wished my company would give me X amount of hundreds of thousand pounds + for failing in my job................when you think about it, it is very silly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think you are probably correct, it still annoys me that the extremely well paid managers get extremely well paid, for failing, not doing their job!

I wished my company would give me X amount of hundreds of thousand pounds + for failing in my job................when you think about it, it is very silly.

All managers are well paid though, and ultimately three teams are going to be relegated regardless of whether the manager is paid £50k a year or £500k.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
All managers are well paid though, and ultimately three teams are going to be relegated regardless of whether the manager is paid £50k a year or £500k.

It all comes down to the fact, in my opinion, that managers, players etc are, in many cases, well overpaid and its money that is ruining football, this has been debated and dissected many times, I cant do bugger all about it, as I say just my opinion. I completely agree with your post.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Nice guys invariably fail in football management. You need some steel, some spite, some arrogance. To generally be a bit of a *******.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I suspect you're right that the club wrote a draft, but, given it contains actual quotes from Sami, he will have approved it. There may well have been a financial incentive for him to do so, but nonetheless he will have ok'd it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here