Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami thanks the fans

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A very decent and honourable man. Good luck to him in the future.

Not in my book , thank god this **** of a bloke has gone , 1 win in 18 games **** him, he aint good enough , great player very very very very shit manager , he has got us in a relegation battle !!

You sir are a disgusting human being. :thumbsup:

Sami has proven himself to be a top bloke.

It didn't work out, of course he did very poorly here under very difficult circumstances - but he has resigned with total dignity.

He has my utmost respect, genuinely wish him lots of success in the future. Top man.

This

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not in my book , thank god this **** of a bloke has gone , 1 win in 18 games **** him, he aint good enough , great player very very very very shit manager , he has got us in a relegation battle !!

I'd say Sami has shown a lot of class with that statement , something you could only ever dream of .

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he had to go to give us half a chance of staying up. Nothing against him, he is genuine, but not right for us. Good Luck Sami.

The club have to be bold now and make a complete change, Jones has to go as well and some new ideas brought in ASAP.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nobody hated Sammi. They just wanted him out because he didn't get the results.Top bloke
This - nothing against him as a person and I wish him every success in the future but it just didn't work here for whatever reason.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

It didn't work out, of course he did very poorly here under very difficult circumstances - but he has resigned with total dignity.

He has my utmost respect, genuinely wish him lots of success in the future. Top man.

Yep, 100% this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Can't argue with that assessment at all.

Sometimes it really is best for all concerned to hold your hands up, admit that it's not working and walk away with some dignity.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Argus:

Hyypia also thanked his coaching team of caretaker replacement Nathan Jones, Joaquin Gomez and Antti Niemi. "I have really enjoyed working with Nathan, Joaquin, Antti and the coaching staff," he said. "They gave me everything they could to make things happen and be successful and I thank them all for that."

He added: "I would also like to thank the club for the opportunity they gave me in the summer, particularly the chairman and chief executive, who have continued to support me during the past few difficult weeks.............

."

:)

No thanks for support to Burke then :shrug: :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Shame. He's the fall guy for a disastrous recruitment team. Gus and Oscar made a number of tactical and selection mistakes. They had a good side behind them to bail us out. Sami had a team that even if it we performing at its best would be in about 15th.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Shame. He's the fall guy for a disastrous recruitment team. Gus and Oscar made a number of tactical and selection mistakes. They had a good side behind them to bail us out. Sami had a team that even if it we performing at its best would be in about 15th.

Whilst he had to go for poor tactics and team selection, I do feel an element of sympathy as he was badly let down by the club in the recruitment of players and by the players themselves. There are a lot of players saying,on twitter, that they are gutted that the manager has gone. Well maybe if those same players had performed in the games he picked them, then he wouldn't be leaving. They have got to take a hard look at themselves. To me, only Dunk has shown any consistency this season. The rest have played in patches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here