Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami says we will face Derby without fear. What else will be without?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
In fairness, that's exactly what he does from the touchline.

Interestingly, this is something I have been sort of watching a lot of recently (via the telly mostly, admittedly) so does an animated / verbal touchline manager, say someone like Neil Warnock (Example ONLY!!) have more of an impact on the end result / the game, than say someone like Roy Hodgson (again example only!!) PLEASE don't take my examples literally, I'm sure you get where I'm coming from............(Thanks for the reminder about the Port :kiss: )

EDIT: the post was not aimed at you Easy 10....I only quoted your post to underline mine .............I think......................PORT speaking!!!! :sick:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Any acknowledgement from the manager that hundreds of fans have spent decent money to follow their team, even when they are struggling. Any connection between the manager and the people he needs on his side.

Dec 29, 2011
Interestingly, this is something I have been sort of watching a lot of recently (via the telly mostly, admittedly) so does an animated / verbal touchline manager, say someone like Neil Warnock (Example ONLY!!) have more of an impact on the end result / the game, than say someone like Roy Hodgson (again example only!!) PLEASE don't take my examples literally, I'm sure you get where I'm coming from............(Thanks for the reminder about the Port :kiss: )

EDIT: the post was not aimed at you Easy 10....I only quoted your post to underline mine .............I think......................PORT speaking!!!! :sick:

They were talking about this on Wednesday (or Tuesday) nights football phone in on 5live. More about sitting in the directors box, but savage said as a player it didn't affect him if the manager dat in the stands, jumped about and screamed or just sat quietly.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The painting of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies, by Van Klomp.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
They were talking about this on Wednesday (or Tuesday) nights football phone in on 5live. More about sitting in the directors box, but savage said as a player it didn't affect him if the manager dat in the stands, jumped about and screamed or just sat quietly.

I do listen to 5 live quite a bit but missed that, I struggle to see how a manager jumping about like a pantomime clown motivates the players, passing on touchline advice, tactics etc etc are important obviously, but I guess some of that is passed on by other members of the bench as well, physio etc, all that said it does seem that fans like a manager / coach to show passion on the touchline.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh come on guys! How long have you all been Brighton fans? In the near fifty years that I've been following the Albion I know this is exactly the sort of game we'll win. Yes, win! Derby will be over-confident, we'll play without fear as everyone is expecting us to lose, it'll be the best performance of the season and we'll win 1-0 like we did at Forest all those years ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh come on guys! How long have you all been Brighton fans? In the near fifty years that I've been following the Albion I know this is exactly the sort of game we'll win. Yes, win! Derby will be over-confident, we'll play without fear as everyone is expecting us to lose, it'll be the best performance of the season and we'll win 1-0 like we did at Forest all those years ago.

Agreed - it's exactly what I said pre-match at the Amex last Saturday where nearly everyone was overcome with optimism. We'd let the large crowd down by losing to Fulham and then go to Derby and win when no one expected any kind of result. It's what we do.

I still enjoy gallows humour however.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Agreed - it's exactly what I said at the Amex last Saturday where nearly everyone was overcome with optimism. We'd let the large crowd down by losing to Fulham and then go to Derby and win when no one expected any kind of result. It's what we do.

Your optimism is admirable however i fear it will be misplaced today and can only see more of the same from a team low on confidence and lacking an effective midfield. I do of course have my tastiest hat and some ketchup on standby in the unlikely event i am proved wrong.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed - it's exactly what I said pre-match at the Amex last Saturday where nearly everyone was overcome with optimism. We'd let the large crowd down by losing to Fulham and then go to Derby and win when no one expected any kind of result. It's what we do.

Well that'll be two of us who'll be able to say "told you so!" come five o'clock this evening! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here