Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami post-match interview on 'The Final Whistle'

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The interview was up there with the "Hitting the ceiling "interview,and i feel Sami will now have to be replaced.However if i can advise Mr Bloom,without an open cheque book,its very unfair to appoint a "Rookie "in the championship,some say the most competitive league in the world.Even Poyet,and Garcia could not match their ambitions with that of the club,and Sami is now coming across as defeated by it all.I have said on NSC before,he should be the coach,fine,but we need a manager.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
to be fair the guy was completely drained and has sounded better in the past. A bit of a slow motion car crash though.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Lets all hope he has a performance related clause in his contract that allows for him to be binned with no payout if we are in the relegation zone for a certain period of time or something similar. Unfortunately it seems Saint Tony is determined to stick with this useless turd of a manager and stubbornly refuses to see what is obvious to 29000 other people.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Could have sworn that was on player last night, but not today.
Sadly, not one ounce of passion or anger about the performance. Still manages to smile tho’ what a nice guy!
it

What have they removed so they can spice it up a bit ... best let them know the horse has bolted in this instance

Dec 29, 2011
is it common to have clauses relating to table position at Christmas?

I have no idea, and I actually doubt it is the case in this instance. However, when a new potential employer says "Can we just add a little clause that means we can sack you if you perform really really badly", it's kinda tricky to say no without sounding like you have no confidence in your ability. So hopefully BB&B have done something good here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have no idea, and I actually doubt it is the case in this instance. However, when a new potential employer says "Can we just add a little clause that means we can sack you if you perform really really badly", it's kinda tricky to say no without sounding like you have no confidence in your ability. So hopefully BB&B have done something good here.
But you don't have to say no, you have an agent to do that. If you want the best person for a job, they won't take the job with too many clauses. There are also many reasons why results can be out of someone's control.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Where is this guy's passion? If the likes of Nobby Horton, Danny Wilson, Steve Foster or Ian Chapman were in his dressing room they might put him in the picture about what it means to wear the shirt and how much fans want to see those wearing it show some fight. FFS this is the Albion!!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Where is this guy's passion? If the likes of Nobby Horton, Danny Wilson, Steve Foster or Ian Chapman were in his dressing room they might put him in the picture about what it means to wear the shirt and how much fans want to see those wearing it show some fight. FFS this is the Albion!!

You missed out Jimmy Case.
Sami's comatose state is not an act--he really is a dead man walking.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've been on the fence recently, but listening to him after the game on the walk home yesterday pushed me over to the Hyypia out side for the first time.

It's fine to have a system and style you stick to regardless when it's working. But it isn't.

It's fine to let to players sort out set pieces amongst themselves if they've done it properly. But they aren't.

Sadly, I think a fresh start may be needed to both kickstart the performances of the team and to kickstart the mentality of the squad. The players would clearly leave everything on the pitch for Gus and, to a lesser extent, Oscar. There's a distinct lack of desire in the way we're playing right now. A three man midfield shouldn't be leaving so much space for their opposition yet it never looks like anybody will be busting a gut to throw their bodies in the way, which frankly is the least you should expect if things aren't going well on a technical level

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Very much like the post above.

Some managers are unlucky but I wonder what we do all week. The tactics are baffling, we are not as fit as our opponents and always fade, out freekicks are nearly all miss than hit.

He's shown nothing to make me think he can turn it around, I can't think of another team in the division we could confidently expect to beat.

Seems a decent chap so please do the decent thing & go so that the new manager gets a chance to see what he needs before the window.

May 8, 2008
Portslade
I was just so angry listening to Sami in his post match interview.
How on earth can anybody be less passionate than him and not appear to have a clue?
It's a disgrace, you're a professional Sami! You owe it to the fans and your players to
inject some fighting spirit or please turn off the lights when you leave.

BTW how on earth are we premiership ready? Seems to me to be a case of Barber and Burke
trying to protect their own ar*es thinking that playing Championship Manager on their iPads
will see them through. It ain't like that guys!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That entire interview comes across as one massive long SHRUG. Its a morose, meek, defeatist acceptance of our shortcomings, with some crushingly vague soundbites about needing to work on this, that or the other for the next game. Maybe that's just his nature, how he conducts himself and comes across. The monotone voice, the long errrs. How the FRIG he sold himself in an interview for this job I have not the faintest idea, because he looks about ready to nod off - and its contagious.

He's about as inspiring as Norman Baker in a camouflage onesie.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hey smudge....any decent 10 nighter cruises around the carribean this Easter? We think we have left it too late as all the flights are horrendously priced to Miami/ FL?

Not on my ship pal. 3 & 4 days out of Miami for the (mostly latin) party people!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That entire interview comes across as one massive long SHRUG. Its a morose, meek, defeatist acceptance of our shortcomings, with some crushingly vague soundbites about needing to work on this, that or the other for the next game. Maybe that's just his nature, how he conducts himself and comes across. The monotone voice, the long errrs. How the FRIG he sold himself in an interview for this job I have not the faintest idea, because he looks about ready to nod off - and its contagious.

He's about as inspiring as Norman Baker in a camouflage onesie.

I can see the point of the majority of your post but I'm not sure you understand the definition of meek. Sorry, I'm just being picky.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
People who think Hyypia is still the man for the job need to watch his post-match interview then come on here and justify themselves! Total embarrassment to Brighton & Hove Albion football club! Get shot of him Bloom!!:facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can see the point of the majority of your post but I'm not sure you understand the definition of meek. Sorry, I'm just being picky.

Meek (a). Tamely submissive

Yep, I'll stand by that. There is a meek acceptance in his interviews of our shortcomings, followed by a few empty words about addressing them. Then we see the same old shit in the following match, and so it goes on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here