Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami post-match interview on 'The Final Whistle'

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have stop listening to his interviews. When I did they kind of scared me, now I just pretend he does not exist and hope somehow things might improve.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We can only dream of having a manager like Gus right now. All of his interviews were great listening, it was easy to see how he could inspire players like he did. Really hope our next manager has that kind of passion.

Indeed, sometimes you don't realise what you have until you lose it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All of his interviews were great listening, it was easy to see how he could inspire players like he did. Really hope our next manager has that kind of passion.

You'd really like to think that kind of thing would be covered at interview stage, same as it would in any other line of work. Apparently not, in the case of the last two Albion managerial appointments. it appears to be enough to be young, foreign and cheap.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
How on earth did Sami get the job? Doesn't make sense, can't see why anyone would give him a job (other than he's a yes man) the guy is clueless.
19 league games, 3 wins.
That is outrageous.
We will get relegated if Tony doesn't get rid now.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
"Maybe we need to start to, err, score a goal in the final minute, so there is not much game left to, err, to change our game or change our mentality, or not doing the right things after we score, and err, we need to learn how to deal with that situation...."

mmmkay.

Christ! Did he actually say that? Really?

I said the same thing to my mate as we watched our capitulation, with a distinct sense of gallows humour. I wouldn't f***ing say it if I was manager, responsible for results and have judt dropped into the bottom 3!

If he said that, then he needs to go now! !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I said the same thing to my mate as we watched our capitulation, with a distinct sense of gallows humour. I wouldn't f***ing say it if I was manager, responsible for results and have judt dropped into the bottom 3!

Word for word.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I think that, maybe, he was joking, just as you were. It's hard to tell what emotions he is trying to put across, as he is so monotone in his delivery.

Whatever, he needs to go.

Dec 29, 2011
Bloke's on a no-lose gamble. All he has to do is wait til he's sacked then pick up the remainder of his contract. Why would he care either way? :shrug:

Apparently Barber is hot on his contract 'extra clauses'. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a get-out for the club should Hyypia fail to be in the top 12 by Christmas, or at any time spends more than two weeks in the relegation zone etc. Much like Moyes had at United

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
He has been given time but now he needs to go - end of!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given that Bloom sacked Slade when we were in a similar position but a division lower, it is interesting to see how well Slade has done since he arrived at Cardiff. I admit I thought it would be a disaster but then everyone around us who has changed manager seems to be improving...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS. He has to go. NOW. Tony and Barber - just WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU APPOINTED THIS CLOWN!!??

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Apparently Barber is hot on his contract 'extra clauses'. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a get-out for the club should Hyypia fail to be in the top 12 by Christmas, or at any time spends more than two weeks in the relegation zone etc. Much like Moyes had at United

i do hope you are right and that this is the explanation for TB's apparent lack of action so far. Lets just hope by the time the 'sack' clause is actionable that it isn't too late to save us.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Please let this be true

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Moyes's clause at Utd was to qualify for the Champions League - is it common to have clauses relating to table position at Christmas?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't need to watch the interview to know that losing again yesterday is unacceptable.

Poor home form is unacceptable.
Bottom three is unacceptable.
Lack of passion is unacceptable.
Players being sent off in that fashion is unacceptable.
His seeming lack of passion is unacceptable.
He has failed to turn around a bad streak at Leverkusen and I thought he would have grown from that and come to BHA and know how to get more from his players and he hasn't, it's unacceptable.

Overall, I was in the Sami IN camp for a long time, but after dropping into the bottom 3, and failing to show signs of grit and steel, I am afraid his time is up.

Unacceptable. Sami OUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here