Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia - Welcome aboard

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
NAILED on Winners now.

:lolol: I think it will take six months to start even playing like a team, but even then a lot still depends on what players we can bring in.

It feels like we are in exactly the same position as last summer, if not worse depth wise. The summer transfer market will define our season more than Sami will because Bloom doesn't do business in January.

That said as long as he is here for more than one season we may have a chance to build a really competitive team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A great appointment.

But as always in football it depends on the calibre of players at his disposal. Hoping he's given a good budget (fees possiby, but more importantly wages) to bring in quality players.

With the parting over the last 14 months of so many players as well, and the near completion of the academy, it feels like a new beginning for the club.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
With the training facilities coming on stream and proper insight having gone into building the infrastructure, the right manager could certainly build legend status and maybe even surpass Mullery who, for me, was our best to date. Let's hope it's Sami. Whatever happens, he should surpass the previous Liverpool legend who held the post.

Great appointment - come on Brighton.

What Jimmy Melia, doubt it :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I'm so excited..... And I just can't hide it!.........
Ok so.......Sami first of all I want
Suso, Ibe, Louis Alberto......
Have a feeling Its going to be a great season for the Reds/Albion next year!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to the Albion Sami. You're gonna be a very busy man in the next several weeks - you have a squad to build, but some very good players (at our level) to get you started. You have a chance to be a legend by taking us to the promised land. In the words of our kit sponsors "Just do it".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Albion fans display optimism and excitement at the appointment of a new manager, one moreover who had an excellent record as a footballer at the top of his profession, and whose previous team had just qualified for European football.

Yeh, bloody disgraceful, and quite right they should be held up to ridicule!
:facepalm:

(Please note: if I'd spotted this thread at the time I would have posted something in broad agreement. I was excited when we appointed Sami - and I'm not ashamed of it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here