Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Sami Hyypia! Get Out of Our Club!' - Heard by Very Few

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
We all support our team. We all want them to do as well as possible. Where we disagree is that a growing number of supporters (including me) happen to feel that the current manager is dragging us down and should go before things get any worse.

This, too many happy clappers on here.

The blacksmith

Aug 20, 2014
If this was chanted I can fully understand some fans frustration in a manger whos tactics our players seem unable to execute, and who's not willing to change to suit our players strengths .we were never going to beat spurs tonight ,the real test will be on Saturday against an inform Bournemouth. Tactically if we're unable to compete then Sammi should go.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not there tonight, but our fans made some great noise, including singing 'Who's that man...' and very loud 'Albion' at the end.
Contrary to the Blacksmith, sacking Sami on Sunday wouldn't be the best idea, given that we've got two home games approaching in less than a week. If we lose 8-0, I might understand. But otherwise, at the very least, he should be given the two home games.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The blacksmith

Aug 20, 2014
Not there tonight, but our fans made some great noise, including singing 'Who's that man...' and very loud 'Albion' at the end.
Contrary to the Blacksmith, sacking Sami on Sunday wouldn't be the best idea, given that we've got two home games approaching in less than a week. If we lose 8-0, I might understand. But otherwise, at the very least, he should be given the two home games.

I understand what your saying but there is never a good time to get rid of a manager. I think Sammi has had enough time to find find his best team and start winning games .carry on without change and I fear we are destine for a relegation battle and god forbid league 1

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Didn't go tonight, couldn't get a ticket. But didn't make much of an effort / if I could I would have probably passed. We are just so depressing to watch, expensive and it takes up huge chunks of precious family time. In return I get er, no goals, often no shots on targets and little entertainment etc.

Being part of a lively Albion away following is always fun. But it's also so predictable that post match most of the conversation is about the great support and noise. Not goals and chances. Albion are just so blunt up front and have been for long periods over the last 3 seasons that they've drained my hope-batteries like never before. even playing worse football in lower divisions we had hope because we scored goals. And therefore won matches. But now? I can't remember going into games so certain of a nil or if we are very lucky a 1. Sorry, but we really are boring and hove albion...please can we have our club back somebody?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I was there and didn't hear it. There was more Ulloa chanting.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whether you think we should get rid or not, we probably can't afford to sack and replace the manager under FFP, meaning that if Hyppia goes, Jones gets the job.
Personally I think as long as the players are on board with Hyppia, he will turn it around.
In any case, Tottenham away with changes to the side you would expect in the league is not the game to judge the manager on, we lost 3-0 away to Swindon in this competition under Gus.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think we should stick with Sammi this season even if he takes us down to league 1. It happened to Wolves who came back straight away and are now back on the right track. 2 years experience with us and he might turn into a Jose Mourinho type of manager to finally lead us to to the promised land.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I was in the lower tier, the only thing close to a negative chant I heard was "we lose every week, your nothing special we lose every week". Certainly nothing aimed towards SH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here