Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami has Steadied the Ship

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But if you accept only getting around £700k for CMS that's a big loss on paper, isn't it? Shouldn't you persevere and try to get some more goals out of him and then sell?

We've been trying to get some goals out of him for over 3 years now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see what you mean but Im no reactionary. Is not a case of not winning every game for me. Its THREE.

Two of which in August. In August!

I dont expect us to win every game. But I do expect us to have won more than THREE by almost the end of November.

Its not good enough WHICHEVER way you (well not you personally!) slice it or present it. WINS are whats required and WINS are NOT happening.

Nobody, esp a Team Fence man like myself, is going to try and say this season has been brilliant.
3 wins is not enough.
But it's not as if we have chalked up 15 loses, while being humiliated week in week out.

We can all see where the problem is, scoring goals and supplying the goal scorer.

That's it.

How responsible is Sami (or any other manager) for that shortfall?

Personally I don't think the midfield is being managed well, and the club hasn't managed the strikers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't imagine, for one minute, this team would go on an unrealistic run of wins, but on the off chance it did, I would still be Team Fence.
Only this time I'd be unsure about the manager while NSC was pronouncing him as the second coming.

I keep coming back to the mood on this board through Sept and early Oct.

Oscar was the 'most boring manager ever' & Sami's attacking flare with all those shots was 'the best thing ever'.

It's only November now.
The team wasn't great then, it isn't hateful now.

We are very lucky to be in a division where half the games per Saturday end in draws.
It's probably the only thing keeping Sami in a job.

Everything about Sami's 'style' and the way the team has been set up to play throughout the last 4 months, to me at least, screams 'needs more time'. (and 1 more player)

But the flip side of a run of wins is a couple of bad defeats, and sure bye-bye Sami.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming Bent takes to the sea air, it would appear that the Good Ship Sami has just acquired a decent outboard motor.

Failure on the pitch now is going to be harder to accept.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Assuming Bent takes to the sea air, it would appear that the Good Ship Sami has just acquired a decent outboard motor.

Failure on the pitch now is going to be harder to accept.
This. Personally, I think this is what the team has been missing.

(Well that and a good engine in midfield, so Elliott Bennett or Dale Stevens can't return soon enough)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Let's hope you're right SB, and he doesn't turn out to be another passenger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. Personally, I think this is what the team has been missing.

(Well that and a good engine in midfield, so Elliott Bennett or Dale Stevens can't return soon enough)

Let's hope you're right SB, and he doesn't turn out to be another passenger.

I can't see DB coming here to run into the 'channels', or to stand quietly by as Gardener unleashes yet another unstoppable 30 yard pile driver into the North Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here