Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami has Steadied the Ship

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Simples keep drawing = relegation but some on this thread seem to think that is good. Just keep closing your eyes to the fact we have only won 3 league games all season which is the 2nd worst in the championship and are also the 6th worst scorers as well

Some people can't see their ARSE from their ELBOW:moo:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We can talk about the stats etc. We have gone X amount of time without defeat etc. but the real question is, do we believe Sami has what it takes to turn this around. Regardless of results, have we seen the evidence to suggest that he is tactically astute and that he not only has a game plan, but he can change a game with his decisions. Regardless of the talent he has on the bench, I'm afraid to say I have seen little of this.

I'm quite worried to be honest, as I think the management team will carry on doing what they believe to be the right thing until it is too late. Changing manager when bottom of the league can turn things around (as we know), but waiting until then is a bit too risky.

Here's hoping Sami starts winning.

Also, can he do something to bloody well endear himself to us fans! I like the odd fist pump and badge kiss even if it is bollox.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
image.jpg

Come on, keep paddling, we'll be safe soon.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've been as critical as anybody about Sami but fair play to him in the last 3 games he's changed the tactics and we've picked up 5 decent points, I know we hav'nt progressed in league position but it is worth remembering most of the teams down the bottom have changed managers recently which always brings about a short term change of fortunes. I've still got doubts about Sami and some of the squad but it is fair to say they are at least steadying things a bit and buying themselves a bit of time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you pay over £600.00 pounds like me for a season ticket or are you a complete tosser---Please tell me I'm wrong?

My long dead Grand Dad took me in the late sixties---me being pushed to the front of the Chicken Run

You appear to have taken on EVERYONE who worries where the team is going.
Yes I do pay for my season ticket.

I just didn't and don't see the level of hysteria on here matching the performances on the pitch.

The divine right to win every game, troubles me as a fan of 35 years.

I like to think after only 10-15 games under a new manager with a fairly new squad nobody knows where the team is going.
But hey don't just let 4 points away from 13th get in the way of 1 point from 23rd, whatever makes you happy.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I like the optimism and see the case for claiming that Sami has 'steadied the ship'. Pity that we didn't manage to turn just a couple of those draws into wins. The extra 4 points would now see us sitting comfortably in mid-table, and allow Sami more of a cushion to progress from.

The draw at Norwich builds on other encouraging performances, especially away from home. A positive for me was maintaining a more conventional formation and not rolling over when Norwich came back to 2-1 (mainly thanks to Stockdale). Just a tad frustrating that we weren't more robust in trying to shut them out at 2-3.

However it's pleasing to see that it's not just some of our fans getting worked up about the manager and form of our team. There has been an epic outbreak of bedwetting from Canaries fans regarding Neil Adams and their recent form: 5 losses, 5 draws and only 2 wins in 12 games. Ok they have points on the board after a flying start but looking at the strength of their squad they are entitled to worry why they are falling away - when they should be contenders. They are now learning the harsh realities of the Championship: that there are no guarantees of success that relegated Clubs with parachute payments will stroll into the play offs. On top of that it must be particularly galling for Norwich to see Bournemouth and Brentford sitting comfortably above them. (Ipswich too :)).

I also noticed the many calls for Elliott Bennett to be the Canaries first choice if Redmond moves on. So we may have a fight to prise Benno away from Carrow Road. Could be an interesting indicator of how determined Tony Bloom might be to strengthen the squad in the transfer window?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yes I do pay for my season ticket.

I just didn't and don't see the level of hysteria on here matching the performances on the pitch.

The divine right to win every game, troubles me as a fan of 35 years.

I like to think after only 10-15 games under a new manager with a fairly new squad nobody knows where the team is going.
But hey don't just let 4 points away from 13th get in the way of 1 point from 23rd, whatever makes you happy.

NUMBNUTS don't tell me when I should be happy----that's why you call yourself Stat ----cloud the issue with figures---the season has been shocking so far---Sami may keep us up but the the entertainment will see five thousand not come back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NUMBNUTS don't tell me when I should be happy----that's why you call yourself Stat ----cloud the issue with figures---the season has been shocking so far---Sami may keep us up but the the entertainment will see five thousand not come back.
Would this be the same shocking season that had plenty on here glowing about the football we were playing back in October?
The same football that was soooo much better than all those boring 1-0 wins last season.
Apparently had we kept Oscar we were on the verge of losing five thousand fans.
You just have to look at the thread in mu signature to get a feel for this place, then.

Oh and for the record you clearly have no idea of the reason behind my username.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We can talk about the stats etc. We have gone X amount of time without defeat etc. but the real question is, do we believe Sami has what it takes to turn this around. Regardless of results, have we seen the evidence to suggest that he is tactically astute and that he not only has a game plan, but he can change a game with his decisions. Regardless of the talent he has on the bench, I'm afraid to say I have seen little of this.

I'm quite worried to be honest, as I think the management team will carry on doing what they believe to be the right thing until it is too late. Changing manager when bottom of the league can turn things around (as we know), but waiting until then is a bit too risky.

Here's hoping Sami starts winning.

Also, can he do something to bloody well endear himself to us fans! I like the odd fist pump and badge kiss even if it is bollox.
For me the scariest thing about Sami's reign is the Bournemouth game.
The fact it took till November, freakin November for the team to score the style of goal it's clearly set up for.
Not helped by the fact the strikers haven't been set up since.

It feels like most of our wishes for the team could be granted and yet nobody is stopping Gardener from shooting from 30 yards.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why on earth do x defeats in x games make a difference?! We lost the joint fewest games in the 2012/2013 season.

That got us nowhere!

We can go unbeaten until May by drawing every game and we will end up in league one.

Defeat v Fulham and he should be sacked.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Simples keep drawing = relegation but some on this thread seem to think that is good. Just keep closing your eyes to the fact we have only won 3 league games all season which is the 2nd worst in the championship and are also the 6th worst scorers as well

These are the killer signs for me, we're running out of time - either we start winning games instead of drawing or Hyypia and Jones have to go.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Would this be the same shocking season that had plenty on here glowing about the football we were playing back in October?
The same football that was soooo much better than all those boring 1-0 wins last season.
Apparently had we kept Oscar we were on the verge of losing five thousand fans.
You just have to look at the thread in mu signature to get a feel for this place, then.

Oh and for the record you clearly have no idea of the reason behind my username.

Your first four sentences -----not a clue what you are on about.
I'm intrigued on the last one--------------------no second thoughts I'm not:yawn:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your first four sentences -----not a clue what you are on about.
I'm intrigued on the last one--------------------no second thoughts I'm not:yawn:
Jeez I even point you to the thread with some happy clappers on, and you still don't understand.

I'm too tired for this bullshit, night all.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Made In Chelsea's just being re-run on E4+1. Get off here and on there and catch up with Loiuse, Alik, Marc Francis et al. No Spencer this week though. #sadface

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also I bet the clueless idiot rotates his squad again so CLUNGE (who fair play ha a decent game and scored) finds himself on the bench or out the team. So all the players confidence must be shot to bits AND if they have a decent game so what? They will be "rotated" anyway. Ludicrous.

Ridiculous. Strikers more than any other players are confidence players they NEED a run of games. It also helps if they know who is behind them in MF so they know what runs to make etc.

But that idiot keeps rotating so how the **** is ANYONE supposed to know.

Get rid ASAP.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Also I bet the clueless idiot rotates his squad again so CLUNGE (who fair play ha a decent game and scored) finds himself on the bench or out the team. So all the players confidence must be shot to bits AND if they have a decent game so what? They will be "rotated" anyway. Ludicrous.

Ridiculous. Strikers more than any other players are confidence players they NEED a run of games. It also helps if they know who is behind them in MF so they know what runs to make etc.

Get rid ASAP.

The one area where I would hope to see some rotation (especially in home games) is in midfield, maybe with Tex coming in to give a bit more creativity. It's a bit disappointing that Tex hasn't become a consistent feature in the starting line up but I recognise that he is a bit lightweight and easily bullied unless there is a strong Ref.

I also recognise that KLL, Colunga and Baldock are the preferred options, so playing Tex with them in such an adventurous combo might just give Sami a nosebleed. So maybe I'll just have to be content with us now playing a more conventional formation ie without the wing backs bombing on and then not tracking back.

I'm still a CMS fan. I just don't think he has had a fair crack of the whip. I was a bit disappointed that CMS didn't come on as sub on Saturday, especially when loanee Halford was sent on and played an upfield role rather than bolstering the defence with his height....against Jerome, Lafferty and Hooper. Surely a fresh CMS would have relished running at a tiring 10 man Norwich that often left only 1 at the back.

I also want to see us persevere with Baldock but fear that he will be another victim of 'CMS syndrome' if played as an isolated striker with hopeless aerial balls hoofed in his general direction. It's difficult to see any small striker thrive in such a system, however there are grounds for optimism if Colunga is allowed to play in close support.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Get rid ASAP.

I was surprised Colunga didn't keep his place after Bournemouth.
I'll be even more surprised if it happens again v Fulham.

I'm not quite able to beat Sami up over 'rotation'.
The back 6 has picked itself, with either Holla or Ince.
It would seem Ince has earned the shirt from Holla, so it is possible.

The problem as I see it is this genuine question:-

How many games have JFC and especially Gardener missed?

We're already up to 8 of 11 places filed so the rotation aspect centres around only 3 places with at least 6 players vying for them.
T'shearer plays more at home than away, so half those games you're only talking about 'rotating' 2 places.

Gardener (and his shooting) is my problem.
I can't help thinking he's on a 'play every game' deal and that's what's doing for Sami and the team.
He just doesn't link the midfield with the forwards.
At least JFC will put a tackle in then play a simple pass, but Gardener doesn't seem capable of that.
There's no way he's earned a regular place, and yet every week there he is handing back possession, sorry I mean shooting from 30 yards, every 20 minutes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I genuinely think Sami has turned it round, well not round but upside down turning a squad capable of an easy mid table possible play off position into a steadily nose diving into a relegation squad. Fulham will be no push over on Saturday I fear Bloom will stick with Sami through until at least Feb or March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here