Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami and his great start at FC Zurich

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
To his credit he resigned rather than waiting to be sacked with the big payoff that he'd have got.[/QUOTE]

Seem to recall he indicated he might be prepared to leave us four or 5 games before he resigned. Suspect he was hoping for a pay off, but when Bloom and Barber played hard ball by saying they wanted to give him more time, he realised he would have to resign as no pay off was forthcoming.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Seem to recall he indicated he might be prepared to leave us four or 5 games before he resigned. Suspect he was hoping for a pay off, but when Bloom and Barber played hard ball by saying they wanted to give him more time, he realised he would have to resign as no pay off was forthcoming.

Any pay off he might have got would have been a fraction of the cost of relegation which was nailed on had he stayed much longer.

I'd be amazed if they applied that logic. Crap Manager or not I prefer to think he had a bit of integrity, recognised he wasn't up to it and quit

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Any pay off he might have got would have been a fraction of the cost of relegation which was nailed on had he stayed much longer.

I'd be amazed if they applied that logic. Crap Manager or not I prefer to think he had a bit of integrity, recognised he wasn't up to it and quit[/QUOTE

It was clear by the start of November last season that we were not going to get into the top six. Sami was indicating he might be prepared to leave and TB plays poker professionally. There was still plenty of time to appoint another manager and stay up if Sami was given a few weeks to realise if he wanted to go he would have to resign without a pay off.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A

I'd be amazed if they applied that logic. Crap Manager or not I prefer to think he had a bit of integrity, recognised he wasn't up to it and quit[/QUOTE

It was clear by the start of November last season that we were not going to get into the top six. Sami was indicating he might be prepared to leave and TB plays poker professionally. There was still plenty of time to appoint another manager and stay up if Sami was given a few weeks to realise if he wanted to go he would have to resign without a pay off.

Not sure what you're saying, but if it's that Sami could have stayed longer and we wouldn't have been relegated I'd disagree totally. If it wasn't for the points NJ got us and the small recovery that followed we'd be in L1 now

Bloom doesn't play poker professionally

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Quite simply clueless as a manager but would probably be Ok as a defensive coach

Defensive coach! GOOD one :lolol:

Here's an extract from the Sami Hyypia school of defensive coaching...

Step 1: Stick two full backs on the edge of the box. (The oppositions box that is)
Step 2: Sprint back as fast as you can to catch the counter attacking team currently ripping you apart
Step 3: Concede
Step 4: Repeat steps 1 to 3 until you are at least 3 goals down
Step 5: Bring on Rohan Ince to make sure you don't concede any more goals.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To his credit he resigned rather than waiting to be sacked with the big payoff that he'd have got.

Seem to recall he indicated he might be prepared to leave us four or 5 games before he resigned. Suspect he was hoping for a pay off, but when Bloom and Barber played hard ball by saying they wanted to give him more time, he realised he would have to resign as no pay off was forthcoming.[/QUOTE]

He offered to resign twice and was twice turned down. The third time, the club reluctantly accepted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
M

Step 1: Stick two full backs on the edge of the box. (The oppositions box that is)
Step 2: Sprint back as fast as you can to catch the counter attacking team currently ripping you apart

Don't exaggerate. We didn't go 3 goals down in any game.
He did bring out the best in Dunk which leads me to agree that he would make a defensive coach.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country

I think you're over complicating it. I think it was:
Step 1 - tell two fullbacks to do everything
Step 2 - everyone else mill around
Step 3 - give a Sami motivational talk (with arms crossed looking at own shoes)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here