Sam baldock - Merged

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Scoring 9 goals in a team that were relegated isn't that bad and Bristol were beyond woeful that year.

I vaguely remember being linked with him before he went to BC so kept an eye on him, thought he was a bit crap to be honest.

Only 22 back then though so maybe he's improved. Good goal record last season mind.

Jun 26, 2014
First off, hands off ;)

He's quality. Absolutely quality. First half of the season, his conversion rate to chances was 1 to 4, Cotterill took over, and he was netting at any half chance, seen a dramatic improvement in the second half of the season.

Baldock I am fairly certain won't be going anywhere, he is happy here, has attracted lots of signings to the club, and only missed out today vs Portishead due to injury, although he was there watching. He is also happy wearing the captains armband.

The only thing that concerns me, is that if you come in with double wages, it is a no brainier for any player, but with him being on 12k already, would your lot honestly be ready to offer more?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
First off, hands off ;)

He's quality. Absolutely quality. First half of the season, his conversion rate to chances was 1 to 4, Cotterill took over, and he was netting at any half chance, seen a dramatic improvement in the second half of the season.

Baldock I am fairly certain won't be going anywhere, he is happy here, has attracted lots of signings to the club, and only missed out today vs Portishead due to injury, although he was there watching. He is also happy wearing the captains armband.

The only thing that concerns me, is that if you come in with double wages, it is a no brainier for any player, but with him being on 12k already, would your lot honestly be ready to offer more?

12k!!?? He must be sucking you dry.

Jun 26, 2014
He scored 9 goals the year they were relegated. Maybe L1 is his level.

That was an incredible amount for him to score in that team. The midfield was absolutely SHOCKING. The lack of creativity was ridiculous, and that midfield we had would of struggled in League One. Our squad we had that season was embarrassingly bad, and we deserved to be relegated by the amount we were.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That was an incredible amount for him to score in that team. The midfield was absolutely SHOCKING. The lack of creativity was ridiculous, and that midfield we had would of struggled in League One. Our squad we had that season was embarrassingly bad, and we deserved to be relegated by the amount we were.

Fair enough...

We'll have him then :wink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
First off, hands off ;)

12k? Next.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What's wrong with a bid for Ross McCormack ? That is the standards not bargain bin League 1/2/Continental rubbish

Well now your talking,likes our net too,be pricey though and wages?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Surely a deal can be done, you still owe us a favour for letting you have El Abd :lolol:

Bristol Rovers are the ones to see about strikers,they have just got hold of Sailsbury's Jamie White,he's a hot shot..perhaps we could ask for him on loan..

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You were paying him 20k in the Championship!? That is shocking, sounds like there's no chance of him signing for us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Yet you still left Bolasie on the bench!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
10k sorry, typo there.

He was on 20k in the Championship, but suffered a 50% wage cut; due to relegation.

No disrespect, but in the position you're in what the hell are you do payng any player £10K a week?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports