Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam baldock - Merged

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sounds crazy but Brighton are not in the best financial position atm. There was a big article when they were in the playoffs last season, saying how they spent a hell of a lot of money on the assumption they would go up and it obviously backfired. I can't see them throwing money for the sake of it.

From the BC board
Right.

Well that's that then.

:lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Makes me wonder who leaked the story to Sky...was it Brighton to show us lot that we are bidding on a couple of new players, was it City to help fuel a bidding war OR (most likely?) was it SB's agent hoping to get an improved deal for his player (plus his 10% of course).

We don't usually do business like this.
I'm not 100% sure but I think Peter O'Rourke has been first to publish transfer gossip about us before.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What, to get your arsed fingered?

Nah i could go down dukes mound for free tonight to get that,i meant,well you know what i meant.. :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Only on NSC could we go from our club having a bid rejected for a prospective player to anal fingering :lolol:

It's a right pain in the Rs

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Makes me wonder who leaked the story to Sky...was it Brighton to show us lot that we are bidding on a couple of new players, was it City to help fuel a bidding war OR (most likely?) was it SB's agent hoping to get an improved deal for his player (plus his 10% of course).

We don't usually do business like this.

Sounds like the player's agent is being mischievous on several fronts. By going public about our (alleged) interest it winds up his current club (Grabban style) to get a better deal there, it puts pressure on us because it's now public and we might be inclined to increase our bid or get gazumped and thirdly it alerts other clubs to maybe prompt a bidding war. Finally the agent also fancies a nice commission on whatever inflated deal results.

Fortunately as you suggest we don't normally do business this way. However, because we will not be held to ransom it does mean that we run the risk of being gazumped.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Assuming Wikipedia is right, only 1 year left on his contract. Unless he is likely to sign another, Brizzle will probably consider selling

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Didn't they pay about £2m for him? I should imagine we would have to pay at least a mil to get him, even if it is in the last year of his contract

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He scored 9 goals the year they were relegated. Maybe L1 is his level.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here