Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock made the difference

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rubbish. Just, rubbish. He was laughable again tonight, no threat, no impact and just huffing and puffing around like the team owes him something. Terrible player at this level, even in a team ripping QPR apart he was invisible and didn't threaten to score.

Poor player, ridiculous praise again for him. I don't like him because he's terrible, only reason.
Genius. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is why he is so important to us.

First half, we were dominated in midfield, no pressure on their midfield and back four. Sam baldock comes on and they no longer have any time on the ball, he chases everything down. Suddenly, the 2nd balls are falling to us and we start scoring for fun.

He has to start in the last 3.

Seaaaaaaagulls!!!

Very good post this. One of the most underrated players for a while. We simply don't lose when he starts and his movement & workrate gives so much space to other players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of course he is entitled to his opinion, but in my opinion, he is wrong.

I didn't really see the match tonight, as such, left my glasses in the car and had to use my sunglasses to watch but I just looked Alice Cooper and far to weird so took them off and watched in a blur so I can't really comment. But to be honest, in my own personal opinion, I find him (in social media street cred language) a bit 'meh'. I'm not sure if I like him or not, very much a CMS scenario for me, if not in the same vein.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rubbish. Just, rubbish. He was laughable again tonight, no threat, no impact and just huffing and puffing around like the team owes him something. Terrible player at this level, even in a team ripping QPR apart he was invisible and didn't threaten to score.

Poor player, ridiculous praise again for him. I don't like him because he's terrible, only reason.

You cannot be watching the same game as me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Fair enough but we can't risk having starts like the last two games, an early goal for either side would've changed the game. Granted baldock didn't come on against Fulham but tonight he completely put a stop to QPR's dominance on the ball. Perhaps save him for Derby and Boro and hope he doesn't need to come on against Charlton. He is the best non goal scoring striker I've ever seen :lolol:.

He is our Emile Heskey. I read an article about how virtually every striker that played with Heskey said he was the best they had played with due to his running, strength and ability to keep defenders on their toes. Michael Owen said he would not have scored anywhere near as many goals if it hadn't been for Heskey.

Sam Baldock is exactly the same and is a vital member of our team.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We're certainly a better team with him as a member. Wilson has his skills and turn of pace, when he can keep his dinner down, but he has some way to go to read the game and be a part of something. I prefer him off of the bench and Baldock to be the bustling and pestering partner to Hemed, in spite him not being the hitman we thought we signed him as. We don't have a team of superstars, although Knockaert certainly enjoys his place on centre stage, and we're far better as that hard-working and slick unit with Baldock scampering about on a player or two's heels.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean

You really are utterly clueless aren't you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clearly you didn't watch him today. He chased down every ball and forced multiple errors from QPR and released the pressure on us allowing us to score almost at will. If you can't see this you are blinded by your foolish hatred of him.
I'm not disagreeing with the qualities Sam gives us, but I don't think he can be credited for tonight's goals - the 1st goal was obviously in the first half, the 2nd was a long ball towards Baldock, but he didn't challenge for it and it was cleared to Skalak who plucked a worldie from heaven. The 3rd was a header from a corner that he wasn't really involved in, and the 4th he's a bystander.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I assume the switch was tactical. If so a master stroke from CH. We had more control in the game as soon as Sam came on.
Agree that he can't be credited with any input for the goals, but we were much more settled in the second half

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Hmm, where did he feature in the three second half goals, he was on the pitch and made a contribution, but don't overstate this. He is a striker and he doesn't strike, certainly he made a greater effort last night but to try and make him something he is not is trivialising the contribution of others.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
When we play 442, I feel you need your front men to chase down and help win ball back. Baldock and Hemed do that well. Wilson doesn't. Hence why the game changed when he came on for Wilson.

I didn't really see the match tonight, as such, left my glasses in the car and had to use my sunglasses to watch but I just looked Alice Cooper and far to weird so took them off and watched in a blur so I can't really comment. But to be honest, in my own personal opinion, I find him (in social media street cred language) a bit 'meh'. I'm not sure if I like him or not, very much a CMS scenario for me, if not in the same vein.

Takes some neck to come on here, admit you couldn't see a bloody thing and then still comment on a player.!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm not disagreeing with the qualities Sam gives us, but I don't think he can be credited for tonight's goals - the 1st goal was obviously in the first half, the 2nd was a long ball towards Baldock, but he didn't challenge for it and it was cleared to Skalak who plucked a worldie from heaven. The 3rd was a header from a corner that he wasn't really involved in, and the 4th he's a bystander.

I'm not saying he contributed directly to the goals, he contributed to the shifting of the balance of the game. Up until half time QPR were all over us. JW wasn't putting pressure on anybody and they were winning every 2nd ball and playing it around with ease. SB put them under pressure, meaning that it was easier for us to force errors, win 2nd balls and keep possession. I said this in my first post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here