Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Allardyce

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There are a lot more builders in the world than people with the footballing talent to make it to the level where they earn that. And, sadly for builders, hundreds of millions of people every week don't want to stump up the money to watch them do their job. That's the nuts of it.

believe me pal ....no one wants to pay money to watch what we've been dished up recently....most builders can play football , how many footballers can build shit.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
believe me pal ....no one wants to pay money to watch what we've been dished up recently....most builders can play football , how many footballers can build shit.

I should think a fair number can probably "build shit" to about the same standard that most builders can play football.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I should think a fair number can probably "build shit" to about the same standard that most builders can play football.

whatever you say old boy ....you chose to miss my point that the team is currently not earning the renumeration applied to the contracts they have signed , stealing a wage i believe has been used elsewhere.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
whatever you say old boy ....you chose to miss my point that the team is currently not earning the renumeration applied to the contracts they have signed , stealing a wage i believe has been used elsewhere.

I haven't seen anyone not trying... so I don't see how they're stealing anything. I just see a hugely demoralised group of blokes who, with the mounting pressure, appear to be feeling the mental and physical tiredness that becomes overwhelming towards the end of the season when things aren't going well in a very tough league. At this stage of the campaign, it's a pretty fair bet that almost every one of them is carrying some injury or another. The size of your pay packet doesn't cure that unfortunately.

The core of their job is to work hard in training to try to achieve success on the weekend, when there are a lot of variables that come into play, not all under their control. Given their past achievements, I think they'll still be doing that, just as before. As for the money, they're simply being paid the going rate for what they do, like it or not. If house-building suddenly became the world's most watched sport, I suppose you'd turn down the money? And if you didn't - and despite giving it your all, you built a shit property because you're not up to standard - whose fault is that? You - or the people that employed you?

There you go. As you thought I was dodging some dull point you were trying to make, that's my answer.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
We could keep Chris in change and bring in someone like Sam who knows how to fire a team up short term as an advisor. To be honest anything that could get us enough points to keep us up has to be worth a try. Chris learns from the advisor and hopefully next season we all come out in a better place.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
We could keep Chris in change and bring in someone like Sam who knows how to fire a team up short term as an advisor. To be honest anything that could get us enough points to keep us up has to be worth a try. Chris learns from the advisor and hopefully next season we all come out in a better place.

The OP is a Town Called Malice FC fan #MegaDoh!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
And? Do you feel that Chris can find the dressing room again and get enough motivation from the players to find even a clean sheet between now and the end of the season? Something has to change and change fast

I think that once you've lost it, you've such a tiny chance of getting it back it's rarely worth it. This would involve the manager capitulating on his tactics, giving in to the players, eating humble pie and admitting he was wrong - or selling the whole team and starting again. Neither of which are possible in reality.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
For me, its a case of staying with CH and except we will get relegated, which for most of us won't be the end of the world, the championship is more competitive, more goals, more games, more excitement, different away days, more 3 o'clock kick offs, happy days or your TB and you've invested a fortune to get the club into the premier league and Obvoiusly want to stay as long as possible to reap the huge financial rewards on offer.

So its a big call for the main man to make, if I was in charge I would be looking for a new manager but luckily I'm not, after yesterday's shitfest I'm convinced we are on are way to the championship, either way I've got my season ticket for next year and be going whatever division we are in. UTA

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
And? Do you feel that Chris can find the dressing room again and get enough motivation from the players to find even a clean sheet between now and the end of the season? Something has to change and change fast

No, but I'd rather Palace fans weren't offering up piss-take suggestions on here and especially not that ball of slime Allardyce. A motivational manager I completely agree, but I would hope we'd never stoop as low as a caricature like him. He's one step removed from being a real life Mike Bassett ffs!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For me, its a case of staying with CH and except we will get relegated, which for most of us won't be the end of the world, the championship is more competitive, more goals, more games, more excitement, different away days, more 3 o'clock kick offs, happy days or your TB and you've invested a fortune to get the club into the premier league and Obvoiusly want to stay as long as possible to reap the huge financial rewards on offer.

So its a big call for the main man to make, if I was in charge I would be looking for a new manager but luckily I'm not, after yesterday's shitfest I'm convinced we are on are way to the championship, either way I've got my season ticket for next year and be going whatever division we are in. UTA
Bollocks is the championship more exciting half the games are forgettable, more if a chore watching us play crap teams midweek. PL is exciting when things are going a bit better as the points are so precious I hope we stay up somehow.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What good source?

Don't believe a word of it.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
To be honest, I don't think he'll take the job if he is offered it like I've been told. When he's managed big clubs like Sunderland and Crystal Palace I don't think he would take a role where it's likely too late to save them.

As soon as he notes the top teams we have to play any chance he would want to join us would disappear,hopefully!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here