Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sales (Upset levels)

The sale or departure of which player has made you most upset or disappointed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Barnes. Should have/could have kept him. A great player, never stopped trying and for one I liked the fact he got the hump every now and again. Showed he cared (red cards didn't help though to fair). He's wasted at Burnley and whilst I'm sure the money helps I think the reason he was up for going most probably had something to do with being slagged off Abd ridiculed by supporters of this club.
I hope some of them are watching our performances of late wishing we had someone like Barnes on there who ran himself (usefully unlike our current striker) in to the ground until the final whistle.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
not really upset about any of them. time moves on , we sell .... we buy (hopefully!) . the player I most miss however is bridcutt as he was class and we really should have held on to murray. I would however be gutted if we lost lua lua . I know hes a bit of an enigma and some say hes just a sub but when hes on form hes brilliant and gets people off their seats. imagine if we had him at his best every game for a whole season . I know , he wouldn't be here for long because hed be off to the prem for a big fee. id just like us all to see the best of him for a whole season as I recall he started the first few games under Oscar and was our best player till he got injured.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Lawrenson :cry:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can you add none of the above. Pleased with all this business.

Well i am going to say you have a point,but Bennett still for me....anyway back to your point,i really am quite pleased we,as a club have finally started to get things right in terms of getting decent fee's for players..

FFP i feel is here to stay and we must comply,i don't think the club is going to be sold or that anything sinister is going on,i think that Hyypia would have liked to have kept his better players,but his comments re Buckley tell you all you need to know about why transfers happen.

I really am not to sure how we will fare this season,but i think it's more to do with perhaps a year or two from now.

It's good to have a clear out and as clear out's go we have don really well financially,yes we have sold a lot of our better players but we are replacing with the future in mind,i hope it works and i hope the fans stick by us..

If we start the season bad and finish half decent and maybe miss out,so be it,the overall trend will be improvement.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Barnes because we didn't need the (fair but) modest fee we got in light of the Bridcutt deal and we didn't come anywhere near to replacing him. The Rodriguez deal was pathetic and the Lita and Obika deals simply made a bad job worse. A good, passionate established Albion player allowed to leave, showing our recruitment policy in the worst possible light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here