Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sales (Upset levels)

The sale or departure of which player has made you most upset or disappointed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bit of a half-a****d poll. Where are Kuz, Bennett, Orlandi and Vicente? What about Bridge and Upson?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bit of a half-a****d poll. Where are Kuz, Bennett, Orlandi and Vicente? What about Bridge and Upson?

I should have included Upson. I was still upset about the penalty he gave away.

I did not include Orlandi because I think he was injury and I remembered his missed chances. I should have included Stephen Ward as well. Sunday morning mistake.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think I've been particularly upset or disappointed since John Robinson left.

I was a more upset about the departure of Will Buckley than when Kieran O'Regan left.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
QUOTE=Taybha;6516114]I cant put my finger on the reason why but the one that really hacked me off was Barnes , yes i know he went to the footballing mecca that is Burnley but i think as a club we did little in the way of trying to keep him here , which is a shame considering how much he contributed the time he was here .[/QUOTE]
This
This, while Ulloa, Bridders and Buckley are all probably greater losses, at least the club worked hard in keeping hold of them and as a result got good fees. I do feel the club could have kept hold of Barnes if they'd really wanted to keep him here.
And this

Dec 29, 2011
Don't mind players being sold, that's football, but to not reinvesting the money in adequate replacements is upsetting.

This for me. Don't mind any of them being sold TBH. They all went for decent money in the circumstances, however if this money isn't reinvested I'd be upset at the club rather than at individual transfers.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Bridders for me, the lad's an utter beast. It's interesting to me that Cattermole is keeping him out of the Sunderland side, and to be honest if we could get him back on loan that would be brilliant (not that we really need ANOTHER holding midfielder, but I always felt that Liam was different gravy)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Recent - Barnes to a championship side
Living memory - Dean Saunders (we was sooo robbed).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We got great fees for most of our players and so i'm not to upset. I thought we could have got more for Barnes and especially Noone.

For me the biggest loss to the team will be Ulloa. The guy oozed class.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
El-Abd for me. I was absolutely gutted when he left

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Barnes.

He's still only 24 and has his best years ahead of him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not Bridcutt. He clearly couldn't be arsed by then. Not so much Ulloa as I think the fee is phenomenal. I don't know if Murray counts, as we didn't sell him, he just decided not to sign a new contract.

So I'll say Barnes.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bennett - insane amount of assists, the last albion player who could take a set piece
Ulloa - by the end of this season we will realise what a player we had on our hands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here