[Politics] Sajid Javid resigns as Chancellor of the Exchequer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not true. When Blair came to power, nobody could foreseen what came to pass. And He wasn’t elected on the back of the sort of evidence we had in advance about Boris.

Nope we’ve never elected a leader before, knowing as much as we do about them, as Johnson. He’s been leaving crash after crash in his wake and proved utterly incompetent for a dozen years or more which is why it’s all the more puzzling he got elected. Electorate as I said can be moronic at times. History shows this happens from time and time even with worryingly known advanced warning. This sort of chaos should not come as a surprise therefore. Unless you’ve just arrived on planet Earth in which case you’re excused :)

I’m no fan of Boris but that’s a bit harsh.

He did a decent (no more) job as mayor of London. I know he’s an insincere knob, but so are a lot of other politicians

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m no fan of Boris but that’s a bit harsh.

He did a decent (no more) job as mayor of London. I know he’s an insincere knob, but so are a lot of other politicians

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He did what? Are you kidding me? He did a job but good shouldnt be anywhere near that sentence!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The new Chancellor was writing the budget anyway, so not that much of a shambles really.

Well he was............ until Dominic handed him the "Revised" budget this afternoon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Guess what, there WILL be a Budget on 11 March, the world will keep spinning and folks will moan about pie prices at The Amex.

It all just moves on.

View attachment 120140

You can say that about anything, it doesn't excuse rank incompetence.

Johnson knew and worked with Javed for years. Johnson decided he was the right man as Chancellor but then changes his mind less than 7 months later, making him the shortest serving Chancellor since the end of WW2 who didn't die while in office.

It is staggering when you consider the people who have run this country for the last 10 years and who have held the great offices of state are virtually - to a man - on the scrapheap: Cameron, Osborne, May, Hammond, Jeremy Hunt, Javed, Rudd.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
‘‘Twas a Hobson’s choice but got look at how these two ever got near the ballot box. Electorate also responsible for that ultimately.

No great Boris fan, myself, but the thought of Corbyn, Marxist McDonnell, Abacus Abbott, and Wrong -Daily anywhere near the levers of power is too awful to contemplate. Add 'Farting Richard Burgon' to that lot and wow, what a team!:D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Vile isn’t she. Vacuous and completely insincere. Only voted in as she’s in possibly the safest blue seat in the country. I’m astonished by this promotion but probably shouldn’t be.

Her head is a bit of a weird shape. Jarvid has a strange shaped head as well. Just saying.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
...followed by the resignation of that philanderer and liar in-chief Boris Johnston please!

Oh I thought that was a prerequisite for being a politician!! You mean there are some that tell the truth??

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Do you think we deserved Mr 'bring down the establishment' Corbyn?

You misunderstand me.

The point is that if there are a dire selection of politicians available, that isn't really the fault of the politicians themselves. They got to a point of seniority or leadership in their party because their party believes they are the most electable. Both major UK parties have had the chance to elect relatively sensible leaders (Burnham, D Miliband Stewart) recently and failed so the individuals have walked away.

I actually find it hard to dislike, Johnson, Trump, Bolsonaro or any of the other ridiculous populist leaders springing up around them globe. They've never hid what they are. It's the cretins that keep voting them in that need to have a look at themselves

The British public has no appetite for politicians who tell awkward truths, make nuanced arguments or put the greater good above their greed and ambition. If they did have this appetite, we wouldn't be presented with the selections we get. The public in this country are (on average) stupid, ignorant, superficial and selfish. That's why the politicians we get are stupid, ignorant, superficial and selfish.

The countries who are populated with more sensible people, Germany, New Zealand, Scotland, Ireland, possibly Canada, have got much better politicians ... not by luck, but because they've demanded them and voted them in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Recession ? Not this again ffs. :lolol:

Thanks for your input. I bow to your superior prescience.

But....how was the rest of my post? Feedback needs to be detailed and timely. I expect a full and detailed critique by first thing tomorrow morning.

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You misunderstand me.

The point is that if there are a dire selection of politicians available, that isn't really the fault of the politicians themselves. They got to a point of seniority or leadership in their party because their party believes they are the most electable. Both major UK parties have had the chance to elect relatively sensible leaders (Burnham, D Miliband Stewart) recently and failed so the individuals have walked away.

I actually find it hard to dislike, Johnson, Trump, Bolsonaro or any of the other ridiculous populist leaders springing up around them globe. They've never hid what they are. It's the cretins that keep voting them in that need to have a look at themselves

The British public has no appetite for politicians who tell awkward truths, make nuanced arguments or put the greater good above their greed and ambition. If they did have this appetite, we wouldn't be presented with the selections we get. The public in this country are (on average) stupid, ignorant, superficial and selfish. That's why the politicians we get are stupid, ignorant, superficial and selfish.

The countries who are populated with more sensible people, Germany, New Zealand, Scotland, Ireland, possibly Canada, have got much better politicians ... not by luck, but because they've demanded them and voted them in.

Make people pass a test before they can vote, that will weed out the thickos.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is causing serious annoyance in Northern Ireland, particularly from the Abuse Survivors' Group, as he had set up an inquiry. Praise from politicians there was pretty well universal too. As I said earlier, do a good job in this government and you get sacked.

I heard on the radio earlier today that he opened the door to British soldiers being prosecuted for duffing up br'er catholic. :shrug:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I went to University with her - her only redeeming feature was her mellifluous name Suella Fernandes, and she's even lost that now...

Sue-Ellen is her real first name, and being born in 1980, I have to assume her parents were fans of TV show Dallas, though why you would name your daughter after an alcoholic character I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports