Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints Sinking

Since (and including) Brighton's 3-0 win over the Saint's they Have only won 2 of 8 (W2 D3 L3) In all Comps.:lol:

I think Bristol City started their slide by beating them at St Marys. We hammered them at home and showed how poor they can be. Of course inbetween Palace went there and laid down.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't have anything particularly against Southampton, except perhaps the biased TV coverage :)

What is interesting to me about Southampton is that it shows how difficult this division is and that any side can beat any other side on their day. You have to earn your right to stay in the top 6, and over 46 games you truly get what you deserve!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be fair to Saints Millwall on a frozen Tuesdays evening are hardly very appealing. I would have thought Millwall are as surprised at the result as the rest of us. Saints clearly see promotion as their priority and who can blame them ?

(1) Bolton are a Premier League side in name only
(2) "Loads of cash"? I reckon Saints would struggle to pull 20,000 for that, Bolton aren't a big draw
(3) TV companies wouldn't touch that one with a bargepole.

So all in all, I can understand Adkins throwing this game (not that he exactly fielded the youth team, but you know what I mean).

But Bolton is a winnable one for Saints (as it would be for us), and they would have been more likely to get through to the next round.
I don't see the logic in 'throwing' a game like that, plus the confidence and the spur that Adkins could turn to his favour for the league?
They must have been intent on beating Millwall.
But let's not get cocky yet, we have Millwall to come - and they might be a bit more resilient now too.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've been saying to my Saints mate all season that they are flattering to deceive and aren't good enough for an automatic spot. However, Leaving out the fact that Atkins/Adkins (can't be arsed to remember the correct spelling) is a prize tit, he is a quality manager, probably second or third best in this league, and will undoubtedly get them up within a couple of years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've been saying to my Saints mate all season that they are flattering to deceive and aren't good enough for an automatic spot. However, Leaving out the fact that Atkins/Adkins (can't be arsed to remember the correct spelling) is a prize tit, he is a quality manager, probably second or third best in this league, and will undoubtedly get them up within a couple of years.

Is he really though? With the squad he had and money spent, he should've won League One by 10+ points last season. They were not far off being in the playoffs in the end.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

Don't think he'll be there in a couple of years if recent results continue. Can't see their chairman being that patient.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Don't think he'll be there in a couple of years if recent results continue. Can't see their chairman being that patient.

Years, YEARS? Are you sure you don't mean MONTHS?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Looking forward to slugging it out with them for the Championship title next year - they're going nowhere and, if we beat Liverpool, neither are we. Which is probably for the best. Champions next year sounds about right in my book.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They were a flash in the pan. They will not get promoted automatically and more importantly I will win my curry bet with [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For what it's worth, the last ten games table looks like this:

last ten games 2012.02.08b.jpg
(click to enlarge)

EDIT: Missed a result.

Last edited:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Is he really though? With the squad he had and money spent, he should've won League One by 10+ points last season. They were not far off being in the playoffs in the end.

He had the highest points/game ratio of all the managers in league 1 last season...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He had the highest points/game ratio of all the managers in league 1 last season...

And the best squad with most money put into it. Your point? He SHOULD have.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
And the best squad with most money put into it. Your point? He SHOULD have.

He did his job, we were in the bottom 3 (i think) when he came in. He probably missed the first 10 games of the season. Had we had him for the whole season I think we probably would have won the thing...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Yet we won the league when we were MILES ahead. The trophy is is the best marker don't you think?

wheels-off-the-bus1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here