algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wow what a thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit boring now, was fun in League One, but got a bit tiresome last season...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yeah , couldn't care about Saints anymore

Well , except if that **** Sharp gets a battering :D

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
and?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Would never have happened if they'd kept Harding!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hampshire = Inbreeding

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
It's not that I dislike Saints as a team I just detest that oh so smug look on Adkins face every time I see it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Who the f*** cares.

Precisely.

The thing is, having read a bit of the thread on their forum which was linked, we're exactly the same. All clubs are. We love our manager, hate others. We think our stadium is the best, and hate most of the rest. We think we're a big club, and others are deluded if they think theirs is. It's all pretty sad because most people can't see that we're all exactly the same, but we come from Brighton so support them. They're from Southampton, so support them. Rivalry is what makes the game, but it's also pretty pathetic when threads like this appear. But our friends from the Southampton forum probably do the same things they criticise us for, and we certainly do enough for them to be critical of.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
who are Brighton, their rivals are Crawley, they will soon be playing Crawley in the league I don't care about Brighton, who said I did :rant:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
We've got no rivalry with SCC and i'm fairly sure they don't give a f*** about us.
I'm more interested in beating the crap out of Crippled Alice. I want 6 points and GD of 10-0 damn it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Precisely.

The thing is, having read a bit of the thread on their forum which was linked, we're exactly the same. All clubs are. We love our manager, hate others. We think our stadium is the best, and hate most of the rest. We think we're a big club, and others are deluded if they think theirs is. It's all pretty sad because most people can't see that we're all exactly the same, but we come from Brighton so support them. They're from Southampton, so support them. Rivalry is what makes the game, but it's also pretty pathetic when threads like this appear. But our friends from the Southampton forum probably do the same things they criticise us for, and we certainly do enough for them to be critical of.

I don't know if we're exactly the same. There seemed to be a severe lack of sensible posts. I mean for all our extremes (both in the arrogant belief in our greatness, and the extreme dismissal of opponents) I like to think a) we're not that arrogant, and b) there are a greater number of reasonable posts (either those that put forward some sort of supporting evidence for superiority, or those that highlight the similarities and are as respectful of both clubs positions as a true neutral would be). It's like they got together and were actually trying to create a thread with the sole purpose of insulting us, quite amusingly pathetic.

But I do agree with your general sentiment on general. I remember when we signed kuszcak and there was a link to an ipswich fan board and it was somewhat humorous to see the place full of the sort of comments we have here ([manager] wants all new signings in by start of pre-season, we're being sensible not paying crazy money, we need to sign someone, we might not offer the greatest money but get them in and [manager] can impress them with his vision and plans for the future, we're a club with potential if [player] would rather go somewhere for money we don't need him, if we can't convince [player] to sign over [other club] it's going to be a tough season, etc)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports