Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saint georges day and the doogooders

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I saw a chap called Peter Ellyard talking the other week. He was talking about the progression from Tribalism through Nationalism or Patriotism into Planetism.

Interesting fella with some interesting ideas.

http://www.saxton.com.au/peter-ellyard/#ST6

The Planetist 21st Century
Tribalism involves giving first allegiance to tribe. Nationalism involves giving first allegiance to nation. Planetism involves giving first allegiance to planet. Planetism is the product of paradigm shifts that commenced with modernism in the mid 20th century , through post-modernism after 1970, finally delivering planetism in the early 21st century, which will dominate and shape global society around the year 2020. Most educated young people today are already planetists, as are most educated middle class people. The birth of the paradigm of planetism has involved the transformation of nine values compared with the modernist values present in the mid 20th century. Because values shape markets, from the values of planetism we can predict markets of 2020 and beyond, and the products and services that will be in demand by these markets, and we can predict the ethics that will guide investment and determine behaviour in the years beyond 2020.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But does he think we're in with a shout of automatic promotion next season?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah the Annual St George's Day NSC Binfest! Like the first cuckoo it's a sure sign that summer's on its way. Only a couple more weeks and I can plant out my tomatoes, and then come back on here for next event on the NSC calendar: the annual close season "NSC isn't as good as it used to be" binfest.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Why do we have to go through this every year ? I thought the whole point about being English was that we didn't NEED to go in for silly displays of exaggerated patriotic fervour.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nobody is stopping you flying the flag. Just fly it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why do we have to go through this every year ? I thought the whole point about being English was that we didn't NEED to go in for silly displays of exaggerated patriotic fervour.

Just sit quietly and have a nice cup of tea in front of Eastenders.

I find the Australia day celebrations over here quite tragic, it always makes me feel happy to have a deep history and culture (i am not proud of all of it) and don't feel the need to go over the top and justify my countries existence as they seem to every year.

The qualities we should be celebrating are human qualities shown by people the world over. National boundaries mean little to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a flag pole in my back garden 365 days a year it has the flag of st George along with the Albion crest flying from it. One of my neighbours said she thought it was a bit right wing I said once she owned my back garden she could take it down.

366 days this year. Let me know which day you choose to take your pole down and I'll give you a hand.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
This,this and more of this .

Attachments

• 525614_411775278841965_100000284903647_1614772_1213787928_n.jpg
    525614_411775278841965_100000284903647_1614772_1213787928_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 45

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
patriotism is nationalism in disguise. what is so good about english society? do tell.

St.George is not even an english archetype.....goes back to babylon and mainly middle eastern.

There is no such thing ad society Margaret thatsher said so and thats good enough for me. You are one of those liberal apologists who wont bring back hanging so the streets are roaming with muggers

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Aaah a call to arms. When will the calvalry be riding through? As I need to get my armour out of the garage and get the WD40 on it. Can't wait for some rape and pillage..where are we off to?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
There is no such thing ad society Margaret thatsher said so and thats good enough for me. You are one of those liberal apologists who wont bring back hanging so the streets are roaming with muggers

Are you on crack?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Why are so many of you people who proclaim to defend Englishness so rubbish at using the English language?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You are my new favourite poster on here!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It looks like wideguy/siclean is back with more of his illiterate offerings (albeit minus the plethora of emoticons & exclamation marks).

Smashing.

ps Maybe a kindly Mod could carry out a cheeky IP check? You know it makes sense! :wink:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It looks like wideguy/siclean is back with more of his illiterate offerings (albeit minus the plethora of emoticons & exclamation marks).

Smashing.

ps Maybe a kindly Mod could carry out a cheeky IP check? You know it makes sense! :wink:

AWw come on this is high quality satire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here