Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Safe Standing Survey Results

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
no it wasnt at all, it was IIRC along the lines of would you like to have safe standing, would you move to a safe standing area , would you pay more for....etc. So the results werent skewed by a safe standing or more toilets type of question

I
Fair comment, re-reading your post I think I might have misread it slightly and jumped to a wrong conclusion.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Out of interest, why should someone in the WSU have to pay more for their season ticket so you can have a safe standing section in the North?

On your point though, you're right, very few people in the East, West and South will voluntarily pay more so 10% of the stadium can stand up. The survey will probably always remain pointless on account of that logic alone.

That said, if the club said they'll install safe standing but the cost is added to the price of 4,000 STs in the North Stand that want safe standing, I'm sure it'll fly though.
If they said however, safe standing in the north and escalators to the west upper as a collective package….

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Makes sense to do (some of) the away fans first, as they are always standing anyway and they don't pay for season tickets.

Much more difficult to do the NS as some will have to move... I realise I don't think I've been in there since 2019, so I don't know what it's like now... are there more "standers" than before? I remember being asked to sit down there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of interest, why should someone in the WSU have to pay more for their season ticket so you can have a safe standing section in the North?

On your point though, you're right, very few people in the East, West and South will voluntarily pay more so 10% of the stadium can stand up. The survey will probably always remain pointless on account of that logic alone.

That said, if the club said they'll install safe standing but the cost is added to the price of 4,000 STs in the North Stand that want safe standing, I'm sure it'll fly though.
One of us has misunderstood what the club said - my understanding was that standing tickets would have an additional cost compared to ordinary seat tickets - a premium for safe standing areas.
Not my battle though - I couldn't stand for a whole match even if I wanted to these days! - but I do believe safe standing should be installed to make it safer for those who stand anyway.
I agree though, that the survey was pointless - and probably set up to be so! It's fairly obvious that PB doesn't want safe standing!

Reactions: SAC

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Everyone's opinion matters but if someone who SITS in the east stand votes against its a bit of pointless vote b3cause it has zero impact on how they choose to watch the game.

IMO if more than 8% who are in favour from those who responded (the proportion who sit in the North stand) there's enough demand to bring it in.

It just seems a bit unfair to me because those who wish to stand are always going to be in the minority but its being decided by everyone, most of whom have zero interest in buying a ticket in a standing area.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Didnt 59% say they DID want safe standing to go ahead in the survey?

Surely thats the main question and has a majority vote?

Shame we arent doing it but too many good things going on to worry about it

Nicks

I've been in the North since it opened and I was just wondering how many people have been injured in the North Stand by standing when they should have been sitting since it opened in 2011 ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Standing in very close proximity to a large number of other people , many getting quite excited at various points in a game must be similar to going to a concert standing . You often get bumped, it must surely be more potentially dangerous than sitting down in your own seat .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
One of us has misunderstood what the club said - my understanding was that standing tickets would have an additional cost compared to ordinary seat tickets - a premium for safe standing areas.
Not my battle though - I couldn't stand for a whole match even if I wanted to these days! - but I do believe safe standing should be installed to make it safer for those who stand anyway.
I agree though, that the survey was pointless - and probably set up to be so! It's fairly obvious that PB doesn't want safe standing!
Probably me to be honest. My memory is awful

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Standing in very close proximity to a large number of other people , many getting quite excited at various points in a game must be similar to going to a concert standing . You often get bumped, it must surely be more potentially dangerous than sitting down in your own seat .
It isn't similar to a concert because every row has railings to prevent crushing if there is a surge.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I believe eight English clubs have installed safe standing (Brentford, QPR, Wolves, Cardiff City, Chelsea, Man City, Man United and Spurs). Of those clubs, how many have increased ticket prices for those standing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here