Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Safe Standing Survey Results

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Basically it's a no to safe standing being installed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well there we go then !

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Seams fair to cater for the majority of fans and invest in them.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Hilarious manipulation of the results by the club. So majority of people said they would like it introduced but the club discount it because people said they didn’t want to pay more to stand. Like who would?

The important sample here would be North Stand STH’s if that’s the part of the ground that would be affected. What does this even mean? “ feedback from North Stand STHs showed a small reduction to the percentage wanting to be situated in safe standing.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would vote 'yes' to safe standing
I would vote 'no' to safe standing where I sit
I would vote 'no' to a price hike to pay for the necessary

If any price hike were restricted to only those wanting to convert to safe standing the I would yes/no/yes

But I would limit the franchise (and the price hike) to the beneficiaries (or maleficiaries) - season ticket holders in the the North stand

I would have a separate poll for the other stand season ticket holders: "would you move to a safe standing area in the North stand, paying a North Stand price hike, if the opportunity were offered?

I don't consider that non season ticket holders should get a vote. It is easy to vote for anything when you have little commitment or anything existant at stake.

Apologies that this post is so brief.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So a majority want to see safe standing and the vast majority think the finance for this should come from revenue streams other than season ticket prices.

Of the 47% of fans who expressed a wish to stand it is unclear what the split was between those willing to pay more and those who do not.

It is also unclear how many fans responding to this survey were from the East, South, West and North. It’s equally unclear as to what measures the club have taken to get fair representation.

The club are reading the results one way though, and instead will press ahead with the plans they had already laid out.

I fear we’ll continue to watch other clubs introduce safe standing while we kick the can down the road.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Hilarious manipulation of the results by the club. So majority of people said they would like it introduced but the club discount it because people said they didn’t want to pay more to stand. Like who would?

The important sample here would be North Stand STH’s if that’s the part of the ground that would be affected. What does this even mean? “ feedback from North Stand STHs showed a small reduction to the percentage wanting to be situated in safe standing.”
Totally this. BS from the club. Surely the only question is "are there enough SEASON TICKET HOLDERS who wish to stand"? If yes, then decide whether they think it is worth doing

Who wanted an "improved sound system" anyway? So we can listen to freed from desire even louder?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I have been to a couple of games in the Bundesliga this season. Every ground there seems to have standing of some sort or other, not even just ‘safe’ standing. It really helps with the atmosphere and I think it’s disappointing that we can’t follow that example where it seems to work without any issues.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Completely this. And frankly what is the point of taking the opinion of STHs who sit in the East or West Stands into account? Of course they aren't interested in safe standing and it's never going to impact them anyway! It's just the age-old manipulation of data to make it support whatever you want the outcome to be in the guise of consultation... We should be better than this.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
This is bollocks.

I would’ve voted yes, but heard nothing about it from the club until the survey had closed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So a majority of the tiny group sampled wouldn't pay more for a safe sranding place. Quelle surprise, then! The club can breathe easy for another year or two before the call for another survey gets too noisy.

Now, about the survey on giving your season ticket to a friend or mate without a load of faff and paying extra for what you've alresdy paid for - can't wait for that one to be firmly rejected because not enough fans wanted it ............................................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is bollocks.

I would’ve voted yes, but heard nothing about it from the club until the survey had closed.
They sent an email end January!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's almost like the Brexit vote or Scottish referendum

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
They sent an email end January!
Yep, but because I didn’t know about the survey, I didn’t check the email account the club have for me.

I could’ve given them my response any of the 5 times I was at the Amex from January until the closing date though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here