Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Safe Standing Survey Results

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Do those that travel away and see clubs that now have safe standing Do you think it has added to atmosphere.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yep! It's money wasted in the eyes of PBOBE unless fans are happy to pay more to cover costs.
Just seen Southampton are installing it in their end behind the goal, also moving away fans from that end.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yep! It's money wasted in the eyes of PBOBE unless fans are happy to pay more to cover costs.
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm struggling to see what safe standing would add.

From the East Stand it appears that virtually the whole of the North stand during the game at the moment. If there were a Safe Standing area wouldn't there be a tendancy to insist that those not in this area sat down?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Forget safe standing, we need those bottle/cup holders on the back of the seat in front like you get in the cinema so your drink (without the bottle top) doesn’t get kicked over.

And someone doing the rounds with Wagon Wheels c.1980 design.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm struggling to see what safe standing would add.

From the East Stand it appears that virtually the whole of the North stand during the game at the moment. If there were a Safe Standing area wouldn't there be a tendancy to insist that those not in this area sat down?

I was just paraphrasing PB's previous communications on the matter.

The Amex stewards used to be really strict about standing, must less so now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure it has added to the atmosphere but I quite enjoy having a rail to lean on as we we were all stood up anyway.
Agree - as we mostly stand anyway it doesn’t make much difference, other than being a bit more comfortable. If Palace had safe standing I wouldn’t have had bruised shins from piling over two rows when Maupay equalised :laugh:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Forget safe standing, we need those bottle/cup holders on the back of the seat in front like you get in the cinema so your drink (without the bottle top) doesn’t get kicked over.

And someone doing the rounds with Wagon Wheels c.1980 design.
Oh, and can they have those red opera glasses from a dispenser to hire? Maybe if they can see up the other end, they'll sing a bit more...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here