Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Angry?
Me?

hahaha

Take a look back at your ranting posts. :wanker:

Yep, because you are unable to distinguish and quick to draw. I’m irritated. Not by our away results but the constant excusing and bleating by likes of you in the face of overwhelming evidence. A losers mentality in other words. Can’t see how we can move forward as a club with so many fans like you who just shrug and say ow well. You have zero ambition. Zero expectation. Fear. A loser basically.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep, because you are unable to distinguish and quick to draw. I’m irritated. Not by our away results but the constant excusing and bleating by likes of you in the face of overwhelming evidence. A losers mentality in other words. Can’t see how we can move forward as a club with so many fans like you who just shrug and say ow well. You have zero ambition. Zero expectation. Fear. A loser basically.

Haha

you are ridiculous. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Thanks for brightening up an otherwise dreary Sunday.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That defence was in complete disarray yesterday. We're shipping goals for fun and have kindly handed a blueprint to the rest of the division on how to beat us. Gonna be a long old season

On this in relation to yesterday, I agree. Defence was a mess and set piece defending needs to improve very quickly.

You'd have to hope it will, along with these ludicrous sideways/backwards short passes from corners and free kicks in good positions. That was so obviously not working and yet they kept doing the same failed thing over and again, often going from around their 18 yard box back to our half...... Madness. Ping it in there hard and soon one will deflect in.

Ryan needs coaching on set pieces as much as the defence, you'd hope GP will take take them all together in training, and work tirelessly on it.

Yesterday was a bit of a shambles, so much of what was tactical with our set pieces was wrong, and our defence had a mare.

We conceeded a Good few under Hughton because we had a lot more pressure on our defence as a defensive team. Now with the new system, we dont have as much pressure on our defence as we have ball more, but when we do, we look like we could concede from every oppo attack or set piece, that never used to be the case.

They need to somehow find a happy medium, attacking system is great but not at expense of basic defending.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Haha

you are ridiculous. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Thanks for brightening up an otherwise dreary Sunday.

Another intelligent contribution to the debate. Your reasoning skills are trump like.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Reasoning!!
Intelligent debate!

Love it!

Keep em coming..

Look, I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for an argument, I can tell you I don't have time. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my this go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kiss you....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1C83DE91-849F-400D-B031-859D8C1C8807.jpeg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If you looked at that great "Fixture Difficulty" graphic, we had the second hardest opening 4 fixtures of any team in the Premier League....and that was based on Everton being a sort of mid-table team.

fixtures.png

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who is going down? Newcastle, Burnley, WBA, Fulham ?

+ Sheff United

PS: I saw the Everton defeat coming, playing a team with too little EPL experience.

Last edited:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Hopefully if can we beat Palace and West Brom in the next two games we’ll be practically down already and can then just relax and do a spot of gardening.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sad news. I hope you can get to see all the games on TV. At least we are looking attractive to watch.

I can watch TV, I won't be able to handle the trains.

We still seem to be able to play out of the press, albeit with too many mistakes through inexperience.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you looked at that great "Fixture Difficulty" graphic, we had the second hardest opening 4 fixtures of any team in the Premier League....and that was based on Everton being a sort of mid-table team.

View attachment 129097

Why not use real stats though? 20 games. Zero points. Scores of excuses mind, from the seemingly inexhaustible list of losers repeating the same old same old, season after season...Can’t see how we can step up a level when the rose tinted losers brigade always condone, excuse and even celebrate defeat from behind the shield of being little old Brighton. Have some balls. Or we’ll forever be in the shadow of Wigan and Wimbledon.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why not use real stats though? 20 games. Zero points. Scores of excuses mind, from the seemingly inexhaustible list of losers repeating the same old same old, season after season...Can’t see how we can step up a level when the rose tinted losers brigade always condone, excuse and even celebrate defeat from behind the shield of being little old Brighton. Have some balls. Or we’ll forever be in the shadow of Wigan and Wimbledon.

:shrug:???:shootself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I';m guessing it's been mentioned at least 24 times already.

But I'd like to add my approval to the fact that the average age of that starting 11 was just 23.9 years old.

For the (not)foreseeable future sometimes it's gonna go wrong.
But it's not going to take much for these lil 'uns to absolutely destroy teams.

Which would be nice.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm wondering if the supporters want a lower half Premier league club, or a top 6 championship one which wins more games.
Actually I'm not sure myself :smile:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm wondering if the supporters want a lower half Premier league club, or a top 6 championship one which wins more games.
Actually I'm not sure myself :smile:

Speak for yourself. I want a top half PL side. More importantly, so does Tony!:albion2:

If only a sizeable proportion of our support also stopped being so pathetically accepting of results in a good number of fixtures. Grew some balls. Believe instead of hope. And stopped blaming VAR and officials all the time. The self pity on here is nauseating as well as embarrassing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Speak for yourself. I want a top half PL side. More importantly, so does Tony!:albion2:

If only a sizeable proportion of our support also stopped being so pathetically accepting of results in a good number of fixtures. Grew some balls. Believe instead of hope. And stopped blaming VAR and officials all the time. The self pity on here is nauseating as well as embarrassing.

You think flaming the shit out of every player, the staff etc. after every lost game is going to help with that ambition?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports