[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Bile? Get a grip.
If I didn’t read any posts with fans moaning after an Albion defeat I would think there is something wrong with our support :lolol::lolol:

I don’t even know where the ignore list is......not that I’m interested in it, takes all sorts, and regardless of whether licker, wetter or something in between, I kinda like the eclectic mix of random bollox and mini meltdowns.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

Hang your head in shame.

Fulham, WBA and Burnley are the o es who should be most worried.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
****ing hell :facepalm:

I think this is actually the worst bout of bed wetting I’ve ever seen on this forum.

Agreed. Three decent performances and one not so great. We outclassed Newcastle, and deserved to get something from both the Chelsea and Man Utd games. Even today we played pretty well at times against a very strong side, just some stupid errors and general sloppiness. Every team has a few bad games, but it seems one below-par performance makes us certain for relegation. Absolutely pathetic.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

5b6a718ee5788e121d40290a-large.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
True. But then Leeds just drew with Man City to screw your argument. Look, our record against the really big boys ain’t that good. Stop excusing it. It’s ok to want more. But when so many on here refuse to accept such facts, and excuse excuse excuse (and likewise, against similar size teams too!) it’s just delusional if not irritating. How are we to move forward as a club when the mindset of so many is a losers? Anyway, today has yet again proved that no matter how many examples of XYZ have done better than us that you give, a rose tinted loser jumps in to say “but Chelsea are richer than us, Liverpool are world champions, United are the biggest club in England, Man City have played the best football of the PL era, Everton have made the best start since 1895....blah blah blah blah. Tell that to Bmuff, Watford, Palace, Leeds and frankly, dozens of other newly promoted or smaller PL clubs. And stop excusing. Because you know what? If there’s a valid excuse for every club we play, then by rights, that means we get relegated. Even then, the losers and excusers will be out in force denying it’s anyone’s fault but ours!

delusional and irritating?

maddest ramble i've read on here for quite some time

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
True. But then Leeds just drew with Man City to screw your argument. Look, our record against the really big boys ain’t that good. Stop excusing it. It’s ok to want more. But when so many on here refuse to accept such facts, and excuse excuse excuse (and likewise, against similar size teams too!) it’s just delusional if not irritating. How are we to move forward as a club when the mindset of so many is a losers? Anyway, today has yet again proved that no matter how many examples of XYZ have done better than us that you give, a rose tinted loser jumps in to say “but Chelsea are richer than us, Liverpool are world champions, United are the biggest club in England, Man City have played the best football of the PL era, Everton have made the best start since 1895....blah blah blah blah. Tell that to Bmuff, Watford, Palace, Leeds and frankly, dozens of other newly promoted or smaller PL clubs. And stop excusing. Because you know what? If there’s a valid excuse for every club we play, then by rights, that means we get relegated. Even then, the losers and excusers will be out in force denying it’s anyone’s fault but ours!

Wow. I'd love to take more points of the top teams, but I'm not going to lose sleep and throw my toys out the pram when we do lose to the teams up the top though because there's a reason they're up there; theyre much better than us through being much richer than us and spending loads - usually.

Leeds just drew with a City side who have started poorly and previously got 5 put past them by Leicester. We drew with Chelsea, beat arsenal twice and spurs once last season. Not too bad. The teams you mentioned - two of which not even in the prem anymore - weren't regularly beating the top teams either. None of us also-rans ever have (bar Palace who have a knack of doing so away from home but then still end up low down the table anyway), otherwise they wouldn't end up miles ahead on points of the rest that make up the numbers.

I like the way we're progressing as a club, doing it the right way. Trying to build slowly rather than throwing money about, paying huge wages,etc.I trust in Bloom and GP, and feel that the way he's getting us to play will lead to us taking more points off the top teams in the long run. We're coming closer - so unlucky against Chelsea and United in particular. That's a lot of progress compared to sitting 11 men behind the ball and hoping to snatch something ; we've actually competed very well against both (smashed united off the park tbh). Have patience. Yesterday just went completely wrong, all clubs have off days.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We have been a bottom 6 side for the last 3 years.

If we don’t spend some proper money it will be the same this time around. Potter is doing well without spending - but not forking out for a Murray replacement is unforgiveable in my opinion & reason enough to bite us on the back side for relegation.

And yet we've scored rather a lot of goals already this season :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Equally, I despair of the losers mentality you have. Always an excuse. We’d better **** off back down to the Championship then. No point ever expecting a point or win against 2 thirds of clubs. We’re little old Brighton. If we can finish 17th and play well, but importantly always lose, against the top 6 or 7 it’s to be expected. What’s that? Other teams manage to get results against? Pah! No they don’t, or if they do, there’s a reason. So Long as we beat Fulham 1 nil, maybe win a thriller 3-2 against West Brom and draw both 0-0 against Palace then hurray, it’s such a brilliant league to be in isn’t it? Year after year. Tearing up the PL eh?!!

Still, always the cup...oh...

why are you so needy?

you should support real madrid

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But you are excusing, you’re using that old chestnut about money. Palace beat Utd at OT. This season and last. West Brom got a point and nearly three against Chelsea. Everton are a form side, but haven’t you noticed how we have a habit of playing form sides?! That should tell you something. And if they’re not and indeed on a dreadful run, We’re like footballs AA van, arriving at other teams grounds to get them up and going again with 3pts and a cheery smile and wave as we depart on our coach having reignited their season. Every other smaller club pulls off shock results. We don’t. We just don’t. I had us down for 5-1 defeat today. 250-1. So close. Closer than most I expect. Too many rose tints on this board in denial aka Losers! Not saying you’re one of them, but when are we going to stop with the excuses every week, every season. Rather be in the Champ than never experiencing the joy of ever getting a result at a top side, where we’ve typically never done so during our entire history. Every season, endless excuses. Excuses, excuses excuses. Its BS. You only have to look at the results of a host of other unfashionable clubs like us who have pulled off a result at such places. But nope, with Brighton it’s always because of XYZ. Well bollocks to XYZ! Our mentality as fans and as a club it seems just ain’t strong enough when we’re on the road at such places. We expect to lose. And lose we do. Again and again. The only thing more predictable is the parade of excuses afterwards.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Oct 5 2019 - BHA 3 : Spurs 0
Oct 26 2019 - BHA 3 : Everton 2
Dec 5 2019 - Arsenal 1 : BHA 2
Jun 20 2020 - BHA 2 : Arsenal 1

And that's all in the last 12 months !!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hang your head in shame.

Fulham, WBA and Burnley are the o es who should be most worried.

That defence was in complete disarray yesterday. We're shipping goals for fun and have kindly handed a blueprint to the rest of the division on how to beat us. Gonna be a long old season

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just dreadful.

Has somebody hacked your account?

This is an incredible thing to be saying after 4 games and performances in the first three at least which deservedly received praise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That defence was in complete disarray yesterday. We're shipping goals for fun and have kindly handed a blueprint to the rest of the division on how to beat us. Gonna be a long old season

Most teams in the division aren't anywhere near as good as Everton are this season. And you don't think we'll be addressing our failings so far. We've shipped goals, yes, but there's a hell of a long way to go. We've created a lot of chances and scored 8 too. We've put in 3 very good performances out of 4. 3 of which v teams that will be challenging for top 4. The one team we played who we're competing with position wise we blew out of the water.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most teams in the division aren't anywhere near as good as Everton are this season. And you don't think we'll be addressing our failings so far. We've shipped goals, yes, but there's a hell of a long way to go. We've created a lot of chances and scored 8 too. We've put in 3 very good performances out of 4. 3 of which v teams that will be challenging for top 4. The one team we played who we're competing with position wise we blew out of the water.

For sure there's some positives, of course there is, and Bissouma's goal was a bit special, but unless the cavalry comes over the hill before the end of the transfer window then we're going to be pretty much reliant on Maupay being available for selection for every game. That's a huge ask and a huge risk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought this was a joke thread but it seems to be serious

It’s unbelievable isn’t it?

Have we got 4 games left to save our season or only just played 4 games?

I feel like I am in some parallel universe whenever I come on NSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Pathetic thread. I knew this would happen. It was expected we would lose at Everton. They are the form team in the league right now. With the form striker.

And I knew there’d be crying bed wetters.

Guys. We are more often then not, going to lose against Man Utd, Chelsea and Everton (away). I’m not sure where the hell your expectations are, but our season will not be defined on games like yesterday.

Now get up and wash your sheets.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My concern is that we have lost a lot of size and physicality in the side with the departures of Duffy, Bong, Moy, Stephens, Murray and Andone. I am not saying it was wrong for them to move on but although the players we have replaced them with are more skilled and far better to watch, they are less robust and much easier to play against. I hope it works.

Whilst we have played three of the better teams, there are a lot of sides about who will take advantage of the opportunities we are currently giving and we have to up our game and become better organised.

I would not say that we are relegation fodder but given the players we have so far brought in and moved on in the window, we should expect nothing more than a relegation battle this coming season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports