Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad story

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Yorkie said:
Without wanting to be controversial because it is a terrible story but that is far more to do with evil people than God.

I had a sister who died within hours of her birth.

Missing the point yet again.

The issue is not whether a god did or didn't murder the child, but whether it is reasonable to believe in the existence of a deity who allows such terrible things to happen.

Juan Albion then gives the standard Christian cop - out, which fails to address the central point.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Voroshilov said:

The issue is not whether a god did or didn't murder the child, but whether it is reasonable to believe in the existence of a deity who allows such terrible things to happen.

Juan Albion then gives the standard Christian cop - out, which fails to address the central point.

well said

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Very true V man. If 'God' is meant to be omnipotent and omniscient, as one is lead to believe. He should know about this sort of thing and be able to prevent same.

If the god is powerful enough to create man and woman, then he must be powerful enough to prevent these situations. That is where I decided that God was not for me.

:angel: RIP baby.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Voroshilov said:

The point that I tried to make is that all baby's deaths are terrible. No parent should have to bury their own child whether it is through murder or illness.

Juan Albion was saying that the Christian viewpoint is that death has been overcome.
Yes, we physically die - all of us. How long you have on earth is irrelevant really.

But then, as you don't believe, this post is irrelevant too.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Yorkie said:
The point that I tried to make is that all baby's deaths are terrible. No parent should have to bury their own child whether it is through murder or illness.

Juan Albion was saying that the Christian viewpoint is that death has been overcome.
Yes, we physically die - all of us. How long you have on earth is irrelevant really.

But then, as you don't believe, this post is irrelevant too.

Your first paragraph underlines your general cluelessnes as to the original post.
Your second paragraph also appears to miss Juan Albions point, which was about free will I believe.

Never mind dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here