Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad story

E

enigma

I'm not going to lie, I was in tears reading this story. This has got to be one of the saddest things I have read in a long time.Im not religious but when I read things like this it makes me wonder how anyone can think there is a God. A poor kid who has done nothing wrong dies before his second birthday. Thats not fair.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4868988.stm

Italian police searching for a missing 18-month-old epileptic boy have found a body, Italian media reports say.

Earlier, police said they had arrested a man who told them that Tommaso Onofri, snatched a month ago, was dead.

Police said the detained man had been working as a builder at the family's farmhouse near Parma. His wife and another man have also been arrested.

The case has gripped the Italian public, prompting calls from the Pope and politicians for the boy's release.

Floodlit search

The man told police the boy was killed on the night he was seized as they tried to silence his cries.

Sources told Italian news agencies that police found a body during floodlit searches near the Enza river close to Parma.

After Tommaso was taken, the toddler's parents appeared on television in an appeal to the kidnappers, saying their son desperately needed medicine to control his epileptic seizures.

No ransom was demanded for Tommaso, who was abducted by two masked men wielding an apparent replica gun and a knife.

Pope Benedict XVI pleaded for the boy's "immediate and unconditional release" in a telegram to the local bishop, Cesara Bonicelli.

The telegram expressed the Pope's "solidarity with the relatives".

:( :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Without wanting to be controversial because it is a terrible story but that is far more to do with evil people than God.

I had a sister who died within hours of her birth.

E

enigma

Yorkie said:
Without wanting to be controversial because it is a terrible story but that is far more to do with evil people than God.

I understand what you're saying, even if I dont completely agree with it.

I am sorry to hear about your sister. :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There have always been evil people and there always will. Very sad.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
I'm not going to lie, I was in tears reading this story.

f***ing crybaby. Shit happens, learn to get over it ya f***ing greif tourist. WAFU

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:

Too right.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
enigma said:
when I read things like this it makes me wonder how anyone can think there is a God. A poor kid who has done nothing wrong dies before his second birthday. Thats not fair.

In a hasty nutshell, Christians believe that God made a perfect world in which things of this nature shouldn't happen. However, we were not created to be robots, we were given the gift of free will. Humanity chose to use that free will in a way that was outside of God's way. As a result, the world is broken, and terrible things happen. In this case, some used their free will to abduct a young kid and to kill him. Shameful.

Although we misuse it often, I am still grateful we have free will since life as a robot would be tedious to say the least.

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:

Sorry to hear that Yorkie,and I totally agree with you.This child must be happier now though,put out of his misery with those sick minded fools who took him,I hope they get whats coming to them.I am a religious man,and I believe that things like this happen because if God stops them,everyone will know there is a God,it will not be a question of faith anymore.I believe that the child will be safe with God forever now.I hope he rests in peace:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
Re: Re: Sad story

looney said:
f***ing crybaby. Shit happens, learn to get over it ya f***ing greif tourist. WAFU

Get back to cutting and pasting shite from your BNP chums twatfeatures

E

enigma

looney said:

Good attempt at a wind up flame geek.Grow up. Or are you too busy creating other accounts?

Im not usually affected by this stuff, but this is a tragic story and if you knew the circumstances or knew anyone with children of the same age, then you'd realise how sad it is that a kid has lost his for no reason, at the hands of people that the family thought they were friendly with.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

looney said:

You really are a poster boy for the right, aren't you?

1066gull

looney said:
Looney, you lost it there for a bit.

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

looney said:

Mug.Imagine if you had a child,and this happened to them?Would you honestly say "oh well,shit happens,better get over it"?I don't think so.Have a heart

E

enigma

Voroshilov said:
Missing the point yet again.

The issue is not whether a god did or didn't murder the child, but whether it is reasonable to believe in the existence of a deity who allows such terrible things to happen.

Juan Albion then gives the standard Christian cop - out, which fails to address the central point.

You have summarised my feelings perfectly.

This whole story is terrible, particularly when you see that the family knew the killers. One of them was a builder who had worked for them and become a friend. After the baby died, he went round there to console the family. The builders wife offered to be a babysitter before the baby died and yet later on she knew about the babys death and said nothing. They even denied their involvement to news reporters.

There were some moving and in some cases strong banners from all the football games in Italy this weekend. Some were nice messages, others called for the death penalty. At Napoli they called for silence for the entire first half and didnt celebrate when they scored. This shows the extent of public feeling on the matter.

If you can understand any Italian or even guess any, go to www.corriere.it. Under the second heading, click on the link "striscioni" to see all the banners. Very moving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here