Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Sacked in the morning"-Leicester

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Depends on O'Neill's pay-off too. Might not be worth his while to take another job in the short term.

I suspect O'Neill will take some time off and consider things again in the summer.

Hope so anyway!

Leicester still have very decent players so it should be cracking game.

PG

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I love the way Curbishley's name is always mentioned whenever a club are considering appointing a new manager. Is he still alive?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Anyone got a list of longest serving managers in the 4 divisions? Gus must be right up there by now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone got a list of longest serving managers in the 4 divisions? Gus must be right up there by now.

Off the top of my head, I think he's 9th. Taggart, Wenger and Moyes are at the top of the list

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks Gwylan, everyone knows the top 3! Who's next? Thingy at Stoke?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Leicester look to me to have the hardest run in of remaining games. Really can't see them making play offs now.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What decent proven manager would want to take over at Leicester with the run-in of games they've got? Unlike, say, trying to keeping Reading in the Prem I think the Leicester board would be half-expecting any new manager to get the Foxes into the play-offs, and so anyone new would be tainted by failure if this didn't happen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Funny old world is football, isn't it? Chairman / Managers criticise a player who wants to leave for more money when he has a contract for another few years etc, but a manager can be given a five year contract and sacked after a run of bad results, as Fergie nearly was!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Only 37 managers have a full years service at their current club! Unbelievable Jeff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here