Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] SA v India - Astonishing Day 1

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Same as the County game. Red Ball cricket is near enough dead and buried at that level, so Test level cricket is disintegrating fast. Crying shame.
Quite a bit of that is linked to scheduling I expect. I used to love going to watch county cricket in the school holidays. Now there is no top level cricket played at half of the county grounds during the holidays because of the sodding hundred.

Somerset still have loads of members and the crowds were never that high for first class cricket. We are a bit of an oddity as a country because we sell out test cricket (granted smaller grounds) and the revenue generated from tests is huge for England. I wonder if test cricket failing will not only kill the counties but England will struggle. No counties would mean only the hundred so where on earth will the English players come from?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
seven ducks today, and six of them were Indian. India are still comfortably ahead!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Great to see interesting test cards, but that looks like the card of sides who can't even be bothered to play. Players who want a good run rate to get an IPL deal.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I started watching 25 minutes ago. I’ve seen nothing but Markram smashing it to all corners.

Must be a batting wicket.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I started watching 25 minutes ago. I’ve seen nothing but Markram smashing it to all corners.

Must be a batting wicket.
Ten minutes ago he slashed straight into the wicket keeper's gloves. A routine catch off Bumrah. Which then popped out. Since then, he's played like Ben Stokes at Headingly.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ten minutes ago he slashed straight into the wicket keeper's gloves. A routine catch off Bumrah. Which then popped out. Since then, he's played like Ben Stokes at Headingly.
I was in the kitchen pouring a cup of coffee. I heard a commotion, didn’t see the chance.

I so hope he gets a century.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Markram gone.

Only 2 wickets left. 63 run lead.

Don't think you'll be getting your thriller.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Amazing innings given the conditions. I assume India will just have a slog because digging in will lead to trouble as ball will have your name on it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Amazing innings given the conditions. I assume India will just have a slog because digging in will lead to trouble as ball will have your name on it.
That and I don't think there's a test batsmen who's vaguely thinking about anything other than his next IPL deal and trying to get his run rate up

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A score of 106, in a Test where the next highest score (across BOTH of his side's innings) is 15, is quite something, statistically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here