Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SA v Eng 4th Test official thread

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
England making official complaint about Harper being a useless ****.

And good luck with that. I guess some umpires don't agree with the referral system cos it questions the on field umpires {of which they will soon be one},so to miss obvious no-balls,and to have the microphone turned down just allows the third umpire to have a nice snooze whilst being paid and the original decision to stand.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Great start!!

So Mr Smith has a wooden thumb!! Never knew that before.

Watched the highlights last night and the SA's commentators initial reaction on Supersport was that he was out (the click was very noticable). They then quickly backtracked when it became apparent that he was not going to be given out. Have not seen any other discussions about it, other than Mr Smith saying that England are crying over split milk. I have absolutely no doubt, though, that the toys would have come out of the SA pram if that had happened to an English player.

Still, onwards and upwards. Bowl them out for 300, Strauss and KP to both get big hundreds. Save the series. Smith gets sacked.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Go on Swanny!!!

What a great bowler Swann is, making England a real test cricket force at the moment. Possible to keep them down to under a 100 lead now.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
To be fair neither of the 2 'wickets' that went for referrals this morning were actually out.

Edit: The first one was!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As soon as I saw that first one it was clear he'd gloved it and now it seems it's hit his bat on the way through ASWELL. How can you overturn the out decision?

I don't like to say we're being cheated out of any chance of getting a result here but, well, we are.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't watch it anymore. Players that should be out are in and scoring runs. If Smith and De Villiers had been given out as they should have done this match would be a LOT closer and England's 180 score might not look as bad as it did on the first day. Take 90 runs off Smith and 19 off De Villiers (so far) and the scores would be near enough level at this point.

Yeah, well done Harper you useless Aussie twat.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I can't watch it anymore. Players that should be out are in and scoring runs. If Smith and De Villiers had been given out as they should have done this match would be a LOT closer and England's 180 score might not look as bad as it did on the first day. Take 90 runs off Smith and 19 off De Villiers (so far) and the scores would be near enough level at this point.

Yeah, well done Harper you useless Aussie twat.

What happened in the De Villiers incident? I missed it

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He was given out caught by the on field umpire when sweeping Swann. De Villiers asked for a review and Harper gave it NOT OUT. It's pretty clear there is no way he can categorically say it was not out, given that De Villiers seemed to not only glove it but also the ball hits the back of his bat on the way through. Harper seems to think he could catergorically say De Villiers hadn't touched the ball when he actually had, TWICE.

It's bullshit.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He was given out caught by the on field umpire when sweeping Swann. De Villiers asked for a review and Harper gave it NOT OUT. It's pretty clear there is no way he can categorically say it was not out, given that De Villiers seemed to not only glove it but also the ball hits the back of his bat on the way through. Harper seems to think he could catergorically say De Villiers hadn't touched the ball when he actually had, TWICE.

It's bullshit.

:facepalm:

Not having a good game is he Harper, no surprise though, him being an aussie n all.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
And another shit decision. Clear inside edge, given not out and no reviews left after Harpers f*** ups. This test is turning into a shambles.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As soon as I saw that first one it was clear he'd gloved it and now it seems it's hit his bat on the way through ASWELL. How can you overturn the out decision?

I don't like to say we're being cheated out of any chance of getting a result here but, well, we are.

Nothing to do with us being gutlessly bundled out for 180 then? Just providing a bit of balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here