SA v Eng 4th Test official thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to do with us being gutlessly bundled out for 180 then? Just providing a bit of balance.

Don't get me wrong, the 180 was below par. However we've now had De Villiers out twice and Smith out for 15. All terrible decisions are have swung this test match so far in the Saffers' direction it's not even funny anymore.

The umpiring has been nothing short of farcical.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Apparently the groundsman does not expect the rain to clear from the pitch anywhere near as quickly as it did yesterday. The water table is so high that it will take a lot of work to get the game on again this afternoon. All depends how much it does rain of course but it looks very optimistic (from an england point of view) that there won't be much play again today.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
2 things have failed in this test:

1) England
2) The Review System

that is all!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
bbc live text said:
"Having listened to TMS for a number of years now and enjoyed Boycott's views and opinions about the game, I couldn't help wondering whether he actually played himself. Do you know whether he did or not and for what county?"
Alex King in the TMS inbox

:lolol:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think he's timed that declaration pretty well actually. Should knock a few England wickets today and should have at least 4 sessions left to skittle the rest

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think he's timed that declaration pretty well actually. Should knock a few England wickets today and should have at least 4 sessions left to skittle the rest

I hope not. If the Saffers can score 400+ then so can England. Leave everything they dont need to play and grind it out. More rain expected tomorrow (forecast is 24 degrees, cloudy with showers and thundershowers). Forever the optimist!! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports