Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SA v Eng 4th Test official thread

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This seems like a very mild "insult" to be getting so worked up about. It's not like Keaton is telling you he's f***ed your mum is it?

This is how angry Carwash get's over the internet, within seconds I had a private message
"Brave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be at the Orient away game..

Tell me to mey face brave lad!! "

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
This is how angry Carwash get's over the internet, within seconds I had a private message
"Brave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was supposed to be private..acting with integrity are we now?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No it wasn't, well not to my view it wasn't anyway.

Poor decision by the 3'rd umpire to not take a closer look, very poor indeed.
The very fact that we're arguing about it tells you all you need to know about whether or not is was right to overturn the original decision.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Pieterson needs to be play cricket, this means he needs to be in the team as he's not going to get time in the middle anywhere else. I do think he needs to change his game though, he seems to have been found out a little.

That was the argument with Murray Goodwin at Sussex last year 'too good to be dropped' - result Sussex got relegated (yes I know our pace attack didnt help much)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't believe so many people on here, not to mention the bbc text guy, all getting so irate about a law they don't even know.

Shambles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
5. Fair delivery - the feet
For a delivery to be fair in respect of the feet, in the delivery stride
(i) the bowler's back foot must land within and not touching the return crease.
(ii) the bowler's front foot must land with some part of the foot, whether grounded or raised, behind the popping crease.
If the umpire at the bowler's end is not satisfied that both these conditions have been met, he shall call and signal No ball.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The very fact that we're arguing about it tells you all you need to know about whether or not is was right to overturn the original decision.

Spot on. Having seen this repeated about 78 times on Sky, his foot is behind the line albeit raised. Harper's mistake was only checking this from the one angle but then we all know that he is a complete twat who is to umpiring what Graeme Smith is to goalkeeping.

In regards to Pieterson, my 18 month old son had it right. Watching the TV from a distance of inches he was asked to give Kevin Pieterson a kiss. At this point he shook he head and ran out the room. Then again he was pointing and laughing at Haiti eathquale victims earlier as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pieterson needs to be play cricket, this means he needs to be in the team as he's not going to get time in the middle anywhere else.

Especially Trott and Pieterson who were both VILLAGE.

In regards to Pieterson, my 18 month old son had it right. Watching the TV from a distance of inches he was asked to give Kevin Pieterson a kiss. At this point he shook he head and ran out the room.

Have I missed something? Why is everybody calling him Pieterson all of a sudden?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
None of those smug "Watching SA v SA - priceless" banners this morning then?

Probably because if you blinked, you actually missed watching Strauss, Trott and Pieterson bat.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
"Brave

Apologies to all. Normal service has been resumed. (I think).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

In regards to Pieterson, my 18 month old son had it right. Watching the TV from a distance of inches he was asked to give Kevin Pieterson a kiss. At this point he shook he head and ran out the room. Then again he was pointing and laughing at Haiti eathquale victims earlier as well.

You really shouldn't be letting him post on here, as Elephant Ninja, at that age, though. Shame on you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is Jacques Kallis the best "part time" bowler in the world? He looks strangely dangerous every time he comes on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is Jacques Kallis the best "part time" bowler in the world? He looks strangely dangerous every time he comes on.

The part-timer tag is unfair on Kallis. He was a superb [and very quick] bowler, when he started his test career. He was more a bowler than a batsman in fact.

Then due to strain injuries, he had to cut his pace right down and bowl much less. Very similar story to Flintoff, except that Flintoff's batting is not good enough to earn him a place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here