Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ryder Cup 2023

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shouted just as they tee off on a par 5
Indeed. It's difficult to understand what's (assuming it's something) going through their thick heads.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Keopka being a spoilt twat shock horror probe

James Colgan

@jamescolgan26

Things are getting CHIPPY at the Ryder Cup. BROOKS KOEPKA: "I mean, I want to hit a board and pout just like Jon Rahm did. But, you know, it is what it is. Act like a child. But we're adults. We move on."

5:30 PM · Sep 29, 2023
·
1.1M
Views

cry me a river twat face

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not a golf fan by any stretch of the imagination, but The Ryder Cup does pique my interest and I usually try and keep abreast of the score.

Checked in around 11ish today and ended up watching the whole days play. Some magnificent golf even to my untrained eye. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Things are getting CHIPPY at the Ryder Cup. BROOKS KOEPKA: "I mean, I want to hit a board and pout just like Jon Rahm did. But, you know, it is what it is. Act like a child. But we're adults. We move on."

What exactly did Rahm do, and when?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rahm twatted a board at the US open when things turned to shit. It was hardly prime John Mcinroe though.
Seems that Koepka is being every bit as childish and he thinks Rahm was.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, hang on....apparently its because they're all ILL

Illness has "spread" through the United States Ryder Cup team and contributed to their 6½-1½ deficit to Europe on day one, says captain Zach Johnson.

"We're fighting things internally," said Johnson. "It's kind of passed around a little bit, caddies, players. I'm grateful we have a team doctor. The bottom line is there's been some unforeseen things that we've had to navigate around, which is really unfortunate, in the sense of health. It's not an excuse, because we have depth" excused Johnson.

"Scottie (Scheffler) was literally shitting spaghetti at the hotel last night, and (Brooks) Koepke's caddy Sean filled his pants on the coach in first thing this morning unfortunately, so we had to turn back. But we're here as a team and we'll fight on for every point tomorrow."

The Ryder Cup Foursomes recommence Saturday at 06.35 BST with McIlroy/Fleetwood vs Spieth/Thomas.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well nothing so far this morning would suggest that today will be any different to yesterday. Europe 2up after 5, 4up after 4, last 2 matches all square.
Spieth is all over the shop, Thomas just accidentally kicked the ball in the hay and no-one has noticed yet. They lost the hole anyway so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spieth is all over the shop, Thomas just accidentally kicked the ball in the hay and no-one has noticed yet. They lost the hole anyway so it doesn't matter.

When (eventually) back on the fairway, they said he was taking his 4th shot. So is kicking you're own ball not a penalty?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking to get to at least 10 points today in order to have a healthy lead tomorrow for the singles.

Oddly, the unthinkable is mathematically possible for an overall victory today, just need 8 wins. Similar to Albion being top of the Premier League for a few hours, possible but almost certainly not going to happen.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
When (eventually) back on the fairway, they said he was taking his 4th shot. So is kicking you're own ball not a penalty?
The ball hitting yourself always used to be a 2 shot penalty in stroke play or automatic loss of hole in match play. If the ball hits a player there is now no penalty, there is a penalty if the player moves the ball when it is resting which is what should apply in this case I think. But as no-one seemed to notice including Thomas, nothing was done. The shouty Sky on course commentator started going on about a completely different rule which just shows how much Sky know about anything.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WTAF!! Only just switched on and can’t believe the scores I’m seeing!!!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone we know?
0a7f95ce-73c1-4d57-82ad-9921476d9fc9.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hovland and Aberg are dormie 8. Fleetwood Mac 3 up, 7 to play. Scheffler an audible 'Shit!" as he shanks his drive into the bunker.

Edit Hovland Aberg win 9 and7, the biggest Ryder Cup win in histoory. Scheffler and Koepke an unprepared shambolic mess. The factbthey've only played 11 holes means they will be 7 holes fresher.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here