Ryder Cup 2012

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Salmond loving the sound of his own voice.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Than you need to do some research!

If you watched golf alot you'd know that most of the USA team have been hitting some good form for the last couple of months, The top 10 rankings are now dominated by stars and stripes again. With the exception of McIlroy who's on fire, Europe's top players have been up and down.

That said, the rankings are decided on stroke play. In a match play environment I think all our players can instantly lift their game. It will be close, but USA to shade it by a point for me.

Where are ya?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Europe will walk it. I have no idea why the OP thinks that the USA are huge favourites, it's rare for them to win a major these days.

Come back and tell me after the tournament. I've been watching and playing golf since before you were born.

You're good!

So good that you said Europe will walk it... At least have the good grace to gloat only when you were actually right! :facepalm:

Petty bullshit aside, WHAT A RESULT! Unbelievable choke from the US team, but what a bunch of HEROES from Europe. I thought my bet was dead in the water, even after Kaymer sunk that putt... Molinari you beauty!! :rock:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just in case anybody thought it was just a dream

FROM
x2_ed9bad7

TO

A4EwnhACQAAwlBI.jpg:large

article-2210967-1549BF9E000005DC-681_964x601.jpg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Has anyone managed to work out why Tiger gave that put? Although I'm very anti US fans, their players deserved a tie out of the match, and I think Tiger should have let Molinari put

I thought it was a great moment, the game was up, share the point, classy.... Never thought I'd say this but it made Tiger look like a gentleman compared with his boorish team mates.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Davis Love's interviews afterwards showed a lot of class.

the American's are much more gracious losers than they are winners, strangely. Losing suits them.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So many magic moments
Rose turnaround last 3 holes was amazing
Genius of Poulter
Bet Stricker wants to top himself

Stricker and Furyk must be feeling suicidal because they really care and they are, I think, decent citizens like most, if not all, of the US team. As for Tiger, don't know whether he cares or not but i would hope he does and he feels the pain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think my four favourite moments of the whole thing were:

1. Lawrie's chip in, from an impossible position, right up against the camera gantry. He was never going to lose after that.

2. Woods v Molinari, on the 13th (? - par 3 over the water). Woods tee shot landed 6 ft from the flag and it looked like he was going one up. Molinari lands his 2 ft away, and Woods is scrambling to save a half.

3. Rose's incredible putt on the 17th, coupled with Mickleson's gracious reaction to it.

4. Best of all, Furyk's premature celebration on the 16th green, just before his match clinching putt lipped out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports