Ryder Cup 2012

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I beg to differ Justine Rose's putt on the 17th with all of the pressure that went with it and it could be argued that it was that putt that won the cup, I think at the time the projected scores were something like 16½ 11½

Whilst it was a good putt, any putt from that range is a tad lucky. I reckon his one at 18 was better.

Bet shots of the week for me were:

Poulter's 2nd at 18
Kaymer's putt to win on 18 (when you consider the noise the crowd were making)
Rose's putt on 18
Honourable mention to Webb Simpson's tee shot on 8!
Have to say the Keegan Bradley's chip on 15 over the bunker was rather impressive. He is a massive CJTC though.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
After waking with a hangover from hell I've regretted not Sky+ in it :(

Do they do DVD's of Ryder cups? I'd love to buy the ones from K club Ireland, Celtic manor Wales and this one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After waking with a hangover from hell I've regretted not Sky+ in it :(

Do they do DVD's of Ryder cups? I'd love to buy the ones from K club Ireland, Celtic manor Wales and this one.

Yes.

I remember buying the DVD of the 2004 one (Oakland Hills) as a present for my Dad.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Just woken up and took a sickie off work.... A very late might but worth it.

wow wow wow.... i had to go to my sisters 18th bday yesterday so missed all the golf having watched every day previously. So i got home at 11:30 pm and watch the whole lot recorded... Was hard staying away from the results, friends txting me, wanting to have shared the moment on here. I could have watched it live from 11:30 but didnt want to know the result.

That was one of the greatest sporting events ive ever witness... I was shacking during the last 30mins...

Best shot for me among so many great european shots... justin roses put at the 17th for birdie after mickelson was celebrating an amazing chip... was a big turning point..

Europe i thanks... all for Seve :clap:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's what the Yanks deserved for doctoring the course to suit their players. We didn't do it at Celtic Manor.
No, but we now know the rules for when it returns home. Make the greens smaller, surrounded by rough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Woods missed a 3 footer, which could easily have been conceded but, since he missed, obviouslt shouldn't have been. Molinari was inside him so had no more than a 30 inch putt. It would have been extremely bad form to make him putt it.
I disagree with your measurements. I think Molinari's was over 3 feet, and woods another 6". Nothing between them, so I don't see why one should have to put and not the other. It certainly wouldn't have been bad form, they didn't expect him to concede it. Westwood's was a bit ridiculous, but even so, it's a golf competition, and you don't get them conceded in stroke play.

D

Deleted member 2719

A lot of you seem quite positive. Are we watching the same competition? America have this sewn up and will win at least 15-13, but probably by more.

That's what i love about you.............................................................so positive.............................positively WRONG.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just watched The Miracle of Medinah, the "official" film of the 2012 Ryder Cup

Brilliant, obviously,

But what an absolutely bloody class act Phil Mickelson is. :bowdown:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I just watched The Miracle of Medinah, the "official" film of the 2012 Ryder Cup

Brilliant, obviously,

But what an absolutely bloody class act Phil Mickelson is. :bowdown:

I think all the Americans took it very well saying we out played them and Seve would be proud etc.

Phil Mickelson is a gent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports