Nicolas Colsaerts (wildcard)

USA Team:

To follow

Man i love the Ryder cup, shame its on SKY imo but that's life. :guitar:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
27th Sept I think? Flying out to America on the 29th.....not to see the Ryder Cup though!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would be good to see the US team implode again but think it will be a close result. It is one thing to have home advantage and the benefit of a partisan crowd but the beered up Yanks don't really get the golf etiquette so the atmosphere could get really tasty, especially if they let Azinger and Pavin stir them up. On the other hand the US team often struggle with the 'team' so hope that continues.

Good to see Sergio back on our team as he gets really pumped up for the Ryder Cup. Bit worried about Westwood's form but he always rises to the occasion. Other than that virtually all of our team is on top form so bring it on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm liking the look of the Europe side. The key man is McIlroy; if he's on form he will galvanise that side.

I'm also seeing where 6 points are coming from on that final day; historically, the USA have had the edge there but I don't see it this time around.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Voted USA as I am complete crap at predictions so hopefully this will result in a Europe win :shrug:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
head says USA :(

Heart Europe :clap:

It's a close call...

Can't f ing wait

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of changes from 4 years ago its:

IN - Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, Peter Hansen, Martin Kaymer, Paul Lawrie, Nicolas Colsaerts, Francesco Molinari
OUT - Paul Casey, Soren Hansen, Padraig Harrington, M-A Jiminez, Robert Karlsson, Oliver Wilson, Henrik Stenson.

Of the 7 missing out in 2012 they combined to get only 1 1/2 points out of 7 on the final day, so those results account for 4 points of the 5 point losing margin. Harrington has lost his last 3 singles in Ryder Cups so I agree with the wild card selection of Colsaerts ahead of him.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
USA will have a very strong team this year, and also have home advantage so I've plumped for them.

You never know though! Anything can happen in the Ryder Cup.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Looks like the US team will be Woods, Watson (Bubba, not Tom), Dufner, Bradley, Simpson, Johnson (Zach), Kuchar, Mickelson, then 4 picks, which will probably include Stricker and Furyk.

Whole matches will depend on how Europe get on in the foursomes - do reasonably well in those and we will win the whole thing.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I know pretty much zero about this Nicolas Colsaerts fella. Still, I'm going to predict a European win - get behind the boys!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Europe to win by a record margin. Just too strong for the septics.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I shall be watching it with the sound down... I can't stand the boorish 'Get in the hole', 'U-S-A' bollocks. :nono:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
US TEAM OUT

Davis Love III -- Captain
Keegan Bradley
Jason Dufner
Jim Furyk
Dustin Johnson
Zach Johnson
Matt Kuchar
Phil Mickelson
Brandt Snedeker
Webb Simpson
Steve Stricker
Bubba Watson
Tiger Woods
Fred Couples -- Assistant Captain
Mike Hulbert -- Assistant Captain
Jeff Sluman -- Assistant Captain
Scott Verplank -- Assistant Captain

8 DAYS TO GO

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was there for all 3 days at Oakland Hills, when Europe did win by the record margin. It was bloody BRILLIANT!

Lucky Bastard!!!!

Having now seen the US team - there is NOTHING there that I think would cause Europe any problems whatsoever - just a selection of has been's, and never was's, mixed with a couple of players that have had a couple of fluke wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports