Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Hull ‘not 606’ forum seem quite taken with him:

“Don't give a **** what it costs. SIGN. RYAN. LONGMAN.”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Cost about £700k according to the Argus.

Shame. He looked like he had a lot of potential in the cup match. Obviously, he is not expected to make a top EPL player by the club. Seems very cheap though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Shame. He looked like he had a lot of potential in the cup match. Obviously, he is not expected to make a top EPL player by the club. Seems very cheap though.

£200K less than we got for Lawro. ???

OK, fair dos, that was 50 years ago.

I'll get me wellington boots and keys to the allotment shed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

The difference between what EFL clubs can pay and what PL clubs can pay is HUGE.

£700k is a pretty decent figure for a championshiop club to pay.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not surprised, as I said earlier I struggled to see him taking a place in the first team. Good player, but not that good. Best of luck to him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The difference between what EFL clubs can pay and what PL clubs can pay is HUGE.

£700k is a pretty decent figure for a championshiop club to pay.
Hull have just been bought by a new rich owner. Should have demanded at least a million. I don't know the full economics of running the academy - and I know the £50M ones like White will be relatively rare - but if we're flogging off decent graduates from the academy for just £700k, is that going to turn a profit for the whole development set-up?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hull have just been bought by a new rich owner. Should have demanded at least a million. I don't know the full economics of running the academy - and I know the £50M ones like White will be relatively rare - but if we're flogging off decent graduates from the academy for just £700k, is that going to turn a profit for the whole development set-up?

Probably. £700k is still a lot of money. Anyway, it is what his value is, no doubt.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably. £700k is still a lot of money. Anyway, it is what his value is, no doubt.

It's a lot of money to me - probably to you too - but I think the Academy sustainabiity plan has been hit really hard by Covid. Hope the market can recover, because I'm pretty sure that was what the sustainability plan was modelled on.
Decent Championship attacking players with goals in them - like Longman and Gyokeres - would, I'm sure, have fetched a couple of million apiece pre-Covid.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's a lot of money to me - probably to you too - but I think the Academy sustainabiity plan has been hit really hard by Covid. Hope the market can recover, because I'm pretty sure that was what the sustainability plan was modelled on.
Decent Championship attacking players with goals in them - like Longman and Gyokeres - would, I'm sure, have fetched a couple of million apiece pre-Covid.

I don't think either of them were on long contracts. Similar with Ostigard, we need to either tie them to a deal or sell them on. I don't know the specifics, but if Longman only had 6 months left on his deal with no intention of signing a new one £700k isn't bad at all.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I know the club is always 'undisclosed fee' regarding transfers, but the Guardian has it down as £1.5 million, which is a decent wedge if the lad doesn't have a clear pathway to the first team.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
This is the most confounding news to me this window, Hull have got themselves the sale of the Nicholas Parsons in Longman, very very suprised, i think he will become a top player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know the club is always 'undisclosed fee' regarding transfers, but the Guardian has it down as £1.5 million, which is a decent wedge if the lad doesn't have a clear pathway to the first team.

That's more like it (if accurate).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is the most confounding news to me this window, Hull have got themselves the sale of the Nicholas Parsons in Longman, very very suprised, i think he will become a top player.

Well better than Hull quite possibly . . . but l'm not sure how much better.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A quick poll at the start of the season as to whether we could manage without either Burn or Duffy, would have been pretty conclusive, even by NSC standards. They have both exceeded expectations and provided excellent cover this season, both would have been behind a fit Dunk and Webster and neither offers the same level of cover as Veltman. 16 league games to go, plus the cup, I am reasonably confident we have enough cover and Duffy is still with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here