Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ryan Longman

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A quick poll at the start of the season as to whether we could manage without either Burn or Duffy, would have been pretty conclusive, even by NSC standards. They have both exceeded expectations and provided excellent cover this season, both would have been behind a fit Dunk and Webster and neither offers the same level of cover as Veltman. 16 league games to go, plus the cup, I am reasonably confident we have enough cover and Duffy is still with us.

But Ryan Longman isn't :smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A quick poll at the start of the season as to whether we could manage without either Burn or Duffy, would have been pretty conclusive, even by NSC standards. They have both exceeded expectations and provided excellent cover this season, both would have been behind a fit Dunk and Webster and neither offers the same level of cover as Veltman. 16 league games to go, plus the cup, I am reasonably confident we have enough cover and Duffy is still with us.

Earflier in the season Big Shane was an ever present for quite a number of games, l wouldn't necessarily put him behind Webster and Veltman in the pecking order. Dependant on the opposition l can see Potter preferring him for some games.. I certainly wouldn't describe him as cover.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
True success won’t be hordes of first team players coming through. That’s not realistic for any club as a regular basis. Success is a steady drip of players getting to the first team and the majority of other lads getting to Championship or at least long, league football careers. We get a small % in the future when these type of players get sold again and the 1.5M deals are what add up to pay for the academy, whilst the occasional first teamer like Dunk, Solly, Sanchez etc. are then ‘free’.

Don’t judge exclusively on the cream that comes on top, judge on the majority of the coffee underneath as well (not instead of before someone claims it doesn’t affect our team, it does just in less obvious ways).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here