Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley - Gus can spot a player

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You can see why Gus keep his tabs on Harley even after his transfer to Swansea. It is rare you see a player look so balanced with the ball at his feet, that is before you get to his ability with the dead ball. We are going to get a lot of pleasure from watching Ryan Harley. Thank-you Gus. And Tony.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
You can see why Gus keep his tabs on Harley even after his transfer to Swansea. It is rare you see a player look so balanced with the ball at his feet, that is before you get to his ability with the dead ball. We are going to get a lot of pleasure from watching Ryan Harley. Thank-you Gus. And Tony.

very very TRUE

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He seems so unfazed when he has the ball,makes so much time for himself.I can see why Gus wanted him.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We seem to have gotten lucky that things didn't work out with Swansea.

Normally in such circumstances the other club will just sit on them and keep them plugging away in the reserves.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
As he has shown with Hoskins, once he finds a player he likes, he won't give up. It took seven months from first contact to signing him, we're lucky to have such a thorough, influential and well liked manager.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We seem to have gotten lucky that things didn't work out with Swansea.

Normally in such circumstances the other club will just sit on them and keep them plugging away in the reserves.

Lucky? Brendan Rogers' son plays for Brighton. BR has nothing but good things to say about Gus. Marcos Painter constantly praising Brighton to the Swansea squad. We play "in the same style" according to many. No luck involved here - this is networking. Well done Gus!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Lucky? Brendan Rogers' son plays for Brighton. BR has nothing but good things to say about Gus. Marcos Painter constantly praising Brighton to the Swansea squad. We play "in the same style" according to many. No luck involved here - this is networking. Well done Gus!

It's incredibly lucky that a team would sell a player with obvious talent so soon after signing him without giving him half a season to see if he can break into the team.

Doesn't happen that often.

Networking is what generally gets you loan players.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Looks like Swansea's loss, they could have done with him yesterday.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I know it's early days, but he seems to have that ability that separates a good midfielder from a great midfielder, which is to be surrounded by oppo players, but manage to find space and be completely unfazed.

Ashley Barnes has done really well this season and has come on so much from last season, but I look forward to seeing Hoksin's playing with Harley, as he has a bit more guile, so will see run's that Harley can provide tight through balls for. If he misses, CMS will pick up the pieces.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Gus has a nack of finding the right players who fit straight in with his system. Harley will only get better with more games under his belt.
When you think we still have Hoskins and Buckley to come back from injury as well plus maybe a couple of new additions before Wednesday, what a great squad Gus is putting together.
Hope they all enjoy there 2 week match break, they deserve a bit of a rest I think. :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope the 2 weeks break will give time for Hoskins to get fully fit. In the matches they have played togther, not many granted, he and CMS have shown that they can link up well and if you add Harley and Buckley into the mix the future looks great.

D

Deleted member 2719

True he has an eye for quality but what is most pleasing all his targets fit well into the jigsaw he is creating and also don't forget Tonys cheque book is allowing him to do this.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just shows that we don't have to pay huge sums for players,and sometimes i/we all look at a potential target and might think(but he is not even a regular in their side) yet,put that player under Gus,in Gus's system and he becomes very good-i think it's called freedom to express.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
yes ran with it as well...numerous times he advanced in tht first half ...if only Painter cud put a decent cross in

After Navs and painter came on yesterday the Posh took control of the game ,Gus will slowly phase them both out of the squad, there defensive style of play does not win games.Fortunately they came on with only 15 minutes to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here