Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian jet shot down ,WW3 about to begin ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nostramus was right it appears

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I suppose this is the result of constant Russian brinkmanship and was due to happen sooner or later.

Exactly this, the Russians have been doing it with us with the bear bomber, they did simulated nuclear bombing runs on the border with scandinavia, harrassed the baltics from the air and now Turkey. Putin can't help himself, he constantly wants to poke Nato countries with a stick to assert himself and see what he can get away with.

Turkey has every right to shoot down an aircraft that invades its airspace and ignored warnings.

what would happen if a UK, Swedish. Estonian or Turkish jet went 1cm into russian airspace uninvited?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Think Latakia has a Russian air base.

As for picking sides, Turkey are a member of Nato so, ergo, we are on their side.

In theory but they would appear to be a little too close to ISIS for my liking.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thats as maybe, but Putin may still consider the Turks downing one of his jets as an act of war.

Turkish ambassador on his way to the Kremlin as we speak ?

Also high fives in the Malaysian Parliament ?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Highly doubt this will start WW3, Putin's Russia would lose against NATO and he knows it.

Stumpy Tim

Can't say I have much time for the Turkish behaviour whether the Russians were in their airspace or not. At least Putin is trying to do something about ISIS - the Turks are fighting the guys fighting ISIS.

It's an almighty mess

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't say I have much time for the Turkish behaviour whether the Russians were in their airspace or not. At least Putin is trying to do something about ISIS - the Turks are fighting the guys fighting ISIS.

It's an almighty mess

Easy for us to say - it's not our airspace the Russians were persistently flying over!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
take your pick, lets just do it and go out with a bang eh....

humanity is fecked anyway...

Go Go Team R.U.E

Well my point was that WW111 would require some level of equal military force, otherwise the worst what can happen is a war between a few countries/idealism, which is perhaps where we are anyway.

I agree things can escalate but not somewhere just yet which should see a bigger military conflict, is there, I dont know ??

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It's an almighty mess

Putin's main aim is trying to save Assad

syria-ISIS-airstrikes-10-12_640_737.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here