Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian Ambassador shot in Turkey

Striking amount of ignorance being shown on this thread. The lack of knowledge of this region beggars belief. If you don't know what you are talking about just don't post !

But I've seen you post in football threads, double standards me thinks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Maajid Nawaz, founder of Quilliam, and someone who is probably one of the most clued up people on the subject of Islamic terror is reporting that the gunman was a Turkish policeman.

[tweet]810917460291571716[/tweet]

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
When I see that grinning prick Blair makes me sick he'
s as much a criminal as Asad

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well I hope so. It seems that Turkey, Iran and Russia are talking and the evacuations from Aleppo, without the help from the international community, are fairly well organised.

No room for the US backed Kurds there. What will Trump want? Russian allies or Kurdish oil interests?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No room for the US backed Kurds there. What will Trump want? Russian allies or Kurdish oil interests?

It gets a bit tricky because Russia and US support the Kurds, but Turkey are training the Kurds, Peshmerga, in Iraq but they hate the PKK and PYG. (something like that)

There are lots of different Kurds who don't all get on with each other. Kurds live in Iran, Syria and Turkey.

By the time Trump gets in there will be no real role to play. And what is important to note is that the US is on the other side of the world. Russia, Iran and Turkey are on each others doorstep so peace is more in their interests than it is the US's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Striking amount of ignorance being shown on this thread. The lack of knowledge of this region beggars belief. If you don't know what you are talking about just don't post !

Maajid Nawaz, founder of Quilliam, and someone who is probably one of the most clued up people on the subject of Islamic terror is reporting that the gunman was a Turkish policeman.

[tweet]810917460291571716[/tweet]

He was a Turkish policeman.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Who appeared to be nowhere to be seen ? Call me a bit cynical but, could the unfortunate Ambassador Karlov have been hung out to dry by Mr Putin as a way of engineering some kind of pressure on Turkey ? Knowing how Russia are masters of misinformation and elimination of enemies or opposition activists I would not put it past them to sacrifice one of their own for an advantage.

the gunman/copper was standing behind the ambassador against a wall acting all bodyguardish then pulls out his gun and shoots him in the back.
perhaps the police and this bloke were the "official" bodyguards......local gun laws and all that

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This one russian ambassador did not deserve to die but with all the ruckus that the russians are creating in the world and the way certain groups feel the need to kill whenever the opportunity arises this was bound to happen. I'm certainly glad it wasn't a citizen of a western country that committed this cold blooded murder but Putin and the russians are sitting ducks in these situations and they will happen. Any CIA or MI6 connections?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This one russian ambassador did not deserve to die but with all the ruckus that the russians are creating in the world and the way certain groups feel the need to kill whenever the opportunity arises this was bound to happen. I'm certainly glad it wasn't a citizen of a western country that committed this cold blooded murder but Putin and the russians are sitting ducks in these situations and they will happen. Any CIA or MI6 connections?

Disagree. The Russians are dealing with all the chaos we caused, and if we hadn't caused the chaos, the Russians wouldn't even be involved.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Disagree. The Russians are dealing with all the chaos we caused, and if we hadn't caused the chaos, the Russians wouldn't even be involved.

This goes way beyond Aleppo. That was the specific reason behind this assassination but the russians are vulnerable for many reasons that the russians themselves have caused. i.e. american election, bribing fifa, etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This goes way beyond Aleppo. That was the specific reason behind this assassination but the russians are vulnerable for many reasons that the russians themselves have caused. i.e. american election, bribing fifa, etc.

By way beyond I take it you mean the chechen "muslim" rebels and their previous leaders hiding out in Turkey who are getting assassinated at present.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38294204

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
By way beyond I take it you mean the chechen "muslim" rebels and their previous leaders hiding out in Turkey who are getting assassinated at present.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38294204

That was a nasty war for the Russians. Their soldiers were getting beheaded by the US backed Mujahideen on a regular basis, all recorded on VHS in those days. That's why Putin takes Sunni Wahhabist Islam very seriously, because it's all directly on his doorstep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here