[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

papachris

Estonian PM Kaja Kallas has been extremely outspoken against Russia and in support of Ukraine

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He'd better move house now.

That’s the 1420 channel on YouTube. I like it and find it compelling viewing. Accepting that some of it is probably staged, it still seems to give an interesting insight into the views of ordinary Russians . The interviews seem reasonably balanced and show the pro Putin views as well as the anti

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jeez they really ought to provide proper cigarette disposal at these places by now

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'm wondering if it wasn't actually genuine. I'm wondering if it was bait to weed out anyone, anyone at all, who might be perceived as a threat to the current regime.

I wouldn't put it past them.
Yes, it could be bait to encourage real people to speak their mind during such interviews... since their regime is so tolerant that this guy 'got away with it'. Anything is possible.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure how we’ve found another £2.5bn to gift to Ukraine but apparently no money for public services, NHS pay rises etc. How does this kind of thing work

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure how we’ve found another £2.5bn to gift to Ukraine but apparently no money for public services, NHS pay rises etc. How does this kind of thing work
Because funding Ukrainian defence is the right thing to do, rather than saying to Putin, "OK mate, you can have Ukraine. Who do you want next - Poland or Latvia?" Labour and the Tories both seem to agree (for once) on this. You're not by any chance SNP are you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Because funding Ukrainian defence is the right thing to do, rather than saying to Putin, "OK mate, you can have Ukraine. Who do you want next - Poland or Latvia?" Labour and the Tories both seem to agree (for once) on this. You're not by any chance SNP are you?
No need for that kind of response. I’m asking where the funding comes from - is it a department like the Foreign Office, do we finance it somehow - or when we are told there’s no money for public funding it’s a bit of a lie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports