Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Im off to Ukraine next weekend. My wife and I and 4 others are volunterring at an orphanage in Ternopil for a week. I had asked @Bozza if I could post a gofundme link but he hasnt been back to me yet so Im not going to post it on here but if anyone would like to contribute to the trip I can send them a link. We've already sent out a pick up full of warm clothing, toiletries and powerbanks and we are also taking 30Kg of extras in our luggage each. The pick-up arrived there a couple of days ago and they are over the moon with whats been sent so far. They want us to help with their English and teach them about our "culture". Also spend some time with them, playing games and generally just helping them at what must be a particularly difficult time in their lives, give them some reassurance that people are thinking of them. Also happy to take anything small to post for anyone that has relatives over there. You'll obviously have to get it to me somehow.
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 23.38.07.png
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 23.39.52.png

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Im off to Ukraine next weekend. My wife and I and 4 others are volunterring at an orphanage in Ternopil for a week. I had asked @Bozza if I could post a gofundme link but he hasnt been back to me yet so Im not going to post it on here but if anyone would like to contribute to the trip I can send them a link. We've already sent out a pick up full of warm clothing, toiletries and powerbanks and we are also taking 30Kg of extras in our luggage each. The pick-up arrived there a couple of days ago and they are over the moon with whats been sent so far. They want us to help with their English and teach them about our "culture". Also spend some time with them, playing games and generally just helping them at what must be a particularly difficult time in their lives, give them some reassurance that people are thinking of them. Also happy to take anything small to post for anyone that has relatives over there. You'll obviously have to get it to me somehow.
View attachment 172544View attachment 172545
Good man 👍👍👍. Send (PM I guess) me a link please - thanks!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
View attachment 172544View attachment 172545

Wow. I’m in awe. Superb work.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Fire it over to me too please. 👍 Other than look for updates, we've not done anything since collecting from the local community and dropping off to a hub when it all started. Hard to know how to help, so massive respect to you.
I know what you mean. Ive struggled to do things because I wanted to make sure that the help was going to the right place. My wife has friends and family there so have helped them when possible and when I saw that someone wanted volunteers to go to this orphanage, I said straight away to her that we should go. Its not for everyone, I fully appreciate that but I cant sit by and watch. Thanks for your support and if I can bump in to any of you at the Amex or maybe easier at Burnley away, Ill buy you all a pint

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I know what you mean. Ive struggled to do things because I wanted to make sure that the help was going to the right place. My wife has friends and family there so have helped them when possible and when I saw that someone wanted volunteers to go to this orphanage, I said straight away to her that we should go. Its not for everyone, I fully appreciate that but I cant sit by and watch. Thanks for your support and if I can bump in to any of you at the Amex or maybe easier at Burnley away, Ill buy you all a pint
Link for me too please - and hopefully I’ll buy YOU a pint at Burnley too! Good luck!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The main man has approved me to put the link up here.
The lady called Mandy Cioch is the organiser and my wife and I are 2 of the "3 good people" in the description.
If anyone is interested Ill write something up about the trip after and post some pictures. Ive no idea what will greet us when we get there. Been a long time since Ive been in a warzone. (Thankfully)

Cheers @Bozza

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here