Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This, and people would do well to remember it.

Besides, the pay's terrible since Mustafa flounced (how he'd enjoy this thread!) and you still have to go through an initiation ceremony involving [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] a wetsuit and a melon.

Melon? what happened to the pineapples? Has he gone soft?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This is so twisted.

You cannot tell from the map whether Russia intend to invade Moldova. Correct.

The claim was that you can tell from the map that it will be invaded, and that the map is proof of that. But you can't, and it isn't, for the reasons I stated.

Indeed.

But here is your claim from your post

'it would be very misleading to present that as a plan to "Invade Moldova". Do you see what you are saying? Very misleading?? The opposite of invading is not invading. So the implication of your comment is that the plan tells us that they don't intend to invade Moldova.

There is nothing in that map that supports that view.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
howardfineman [MENTION=12130]howardfineman[/MENTION]
Word I get from a very good source is that #Putin has cut #Lavrov out of his inner circle. This could be Lavrov spin as he faces financial sanctions and the prospect of war crimes charges. Even so, it’s significant. Lavrov, whom I’ve met, is not as insane as his madman boss.

Not a good time for Putin to be losing close allies or for that matter voices of reason.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Besides, the pay's terrible since Mustafa flounced (how he'd enjoy this thread!) and you still have to go through an initiation ceremony involving [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] a wetsuit and a melon.

Well what sort of idiots would willingly put themselves through THAT ? ???

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
Indeed.

But here is your claim from your post

'it would be very misleading to present that as a plan to "Invade Moldova". Do you see what you are saying? Very misleading?? The opposite of invading is not invading. So the implication of your comment is that the plan tells us that they don't intend to invade Moldova.

There is nothing in that map that supports that view.

No, the implication of my comment is that the plan doesn't tell us that they do intend to.

If you can't understand the difference at this point, I can't help you. Sorry.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
howardfineman [MENTION=12130]howardfineman[/MENTION]
Word I get from a very good source is that #Putin has cut #Lavrov out of his inner circle. This could be Lavrov spin as he faces financial sanctions and the prospect of war crimes charges. Even so, it’s significant. Lavrov, whom I’ve met, is not as insane as his madman boss.

Not a good time for Putin to be losing close allies or for that matter voices of reason.

If Lavrov is the voice of reason then we’re all f**ked :lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No, the implication of my comment is that the plan doesn't tell us that they do intend to.

If you can't understand the difference at this point, I can't help you. Sorry.

Oh dear. Both implications are correct.

The other implication of your comment is that the plan doesn't tell us that they don't intend to.

You even confirmed this yourself in your previous comment. You even put 'Correct' after your own work !

'You cannot tell from the map whether Russia intend to invade Moldova. Correct.' QED.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It doesn't actually say they are still taking Russian money.

They could be of course, but that's not what the article nor the report it relates to says, as it relates to donations made between October and December 2021.

You'd have to wait for the release of the Q1 2022 report to know whether they are doing so currently.

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
Oh dear. Both implications are correct.

The other implication of your comment is that the plan doesn't tell us that they don't intend to.

You even confirmed this yourself in your previous comment. You even put 'Correct' after your own work !

'You cannot tell from the map whether Russia intend to invade Moldova. Correct.' QED.

Yes the other implication of my comment is that the plan doesn't tell us that they don't intend to.

But then, I never said that the map proves they don't intend to, just that it doesn't prove that they do.

I hope this has now been cleared up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Co-Op are removing Russian Standard vodka from sale.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Think I could stand the initiation ceremony, but not having to take Ppf off ignore so I could see when he needed his next ban.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
News from Reuters:

1) Turkey has closed the Bosporus to warships, and Russia has obeyed the ruling, stopping 3 of their ships going through to the Black Sea

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-sea-passage-bid-upon-its-request-2022-03-02/

2) Ukraine to receive more missiles and Turkish drones

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...iles-turkish-drones-minister-says-2022-03-02/

Turkey's regime have gone up in my estimation, although be it tentatively as their leader is pretty batshit crazy himself.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here