Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

In this one, no one mentions anything remotely right wing, or I don’t see any fascist symbols etc…

https://youtu.be/5Uwx_moVVNs
So what? I'm sure this is the sort of guff that Pukin loves to feed to his countrymen to try to justify his murderous evil actions.

Are there neo-nazis in Ukrane? Yes, almost certainly. As there are in the UK, in France, Spain, America, Russa - just about every f***in' country. IN SMALL NUMBERS - and yes, they're c***s. But - that's no excuse for invading a free, democratic sovereign country and murdering children.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Jesus Christ :wrong::wrong:

[tweet]1498697473216421893[/tweet]

They are not called the nasty party for no reason.
First you have they can come here to pick vegetables in the fields now we don't want them at all and that does not include Patel making it as difficult as possible.
Not sure I can take much more of this so called Government, with MPs getting a 2k pay rise on the same day that NI goes up, let's see if Johnson accepts it.
And just look at the state of that fool, clearly likes his fine wine and malt whisky by the looks of things.
Harry Enfield got Tory MP'S bang on, even in jest.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is what Russian peacekeepers, liberating looks like. No civilian infrastructure hit.

[tweet]1498767980942999560[/tweet]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So what? I'm sure this is the sort of guff that Pukin loves to feed to his countrymen to try to justify his murderous evil actions.

Are there neo-nazis in Ukrane? Yes, almost certainly. As there are in the UK, in France, Spain, America, Russa - just about every f***in' country. IN SMALL NUMBERS - and yes, they're c***s. But - that's no excuse for invading a free, democratic sovereign country and murdering children.

So what !
Neo Nazis, should never really be a so what, unless you think they are useful.
Where did I suggest it was grounds for or an excuse for an invasion ?
You say, and mention that there are nazis in every country (which there are) and yes they are one of Putins excuses.
I posted these clips because, I thought I’d just have a quick look on the internet and see if there was any truth about Putins claim.
Obviously Putin is using this as one of many excuses to cause outrageous atrocities, and would have gone into the Ukraine, Neo Nazis or Neo Nots.
However one must always be alert to the right wing taking a foot hold in times of National strife, to ignore it is dangerous.
If indeed one of those clips is right and two different right wing factions are part of the military, then the brave people of the Ukraine when their war with Russia is over need to address that, before it grows on a wave of nationalism, to ignore it, is to let it bubble away and grow, the people of the Ukraine will need help rebuilding their country and a wave of nationalism must not be the fertile ground of growth for any right wing organisation never mind a military wing. I’m sure you agree, and I have every faith they will succeed on both counts.

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Given the overwhelming size of the Russian forces it was inconceivable that they wouldn’t prevail militarily. I think the surprise is that they have struggled to this extent. I truly believe they felt they would stroll in and remove the government and the rest of the world would blow hard but ultimately look the other way and let them get on with it. Obviously that has been far from the case.

Sadly, for the millions of innocent Ukrainians who just want to live normal peaceful lives, they are going to have to endure hurt and misery whilst this plays out. They cannot hope to win militarily but I cannot see how Russia will be able to annex Ukraine. This will prove to be Putin’s Afghanistan with the added complexity that this conflict is going to bite hard against normal Russians as sanctions take hold.

Um, they've annexed Ukraine since 2014 (and see Georgia too). This is just an extension of this. I suspect what will happen is that they will choke Kyiv and when the government there is either killed or surrenders they will install a puppet government friendly to Moscow. Same thing going on in Belarus and it's working out pretty well for Moscow.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
How feckin embarrassing, it makes you ashamed.

If ever anyone gets up and makes an idiotic, reactionary speech in the Commons there's a good chance it's this man - or the chinless wonder Rees-Mogg. There are decent men on the Tory benches - Tom Tugenhadt and Tobias Ellwood spring to mind [interestingly both ex- army officers], but for the most part they are repellent right-wing fruitcakes.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Um, they've annexed Ukraine since 2014 (and see Georgia too). This is just an extension of this. I suspect what will happen is that they will choke Kyiv and when the government there is either killed or surrenders they will install a puppet government friendly to Moscow. Same thing going on in Belarus and it's working out pretty well for Moscow.
If your measure of success is politically and economically destitute, isolated and irretrievably detested.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi. Im just going to put this out there again.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/helpforukraine2?utm_term=ydKJBYqNm

Weve raised £855 in the first 24 hours thanks to some very generous donations including at least 2 members of this forum. Thanks to them and any others that have or will donate.
For background, we have managed to secure some space in a container going to Poland on Saturday. The cost of the transport will be met by me personally and every single penny raised via the justgiving page will be spent on essential items for the refugees fleeing this invasion.

Done and shared.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It seems this way. However, arms shipments are arriving daily to boost defences. And Occupation is an altogether different matter. The only certainty is it’s likely to be horrific as you say. Those poor souls.

Winning the war will be one thing, but Russia will never win the peace.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Defence minister Ben Wallace just been listening to him on LBC and questions about a no fly zone and trying to keep individual party politics out of it how do other NSC find him regarding Ukraine i believe that he does have genuine military service?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here