Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Oh dear, what a pity, never mind...

We will defeat everyone, we will kill everyone, we will rob everyone as necessary. Just as we like it

Er, no you won't, you arsehole. :thumbsup:
I think events like this are small but significant. The Russian population have been brain washed to think that the “special military operation” is all under control and successful. This incident will worry the ordinary man on the street. Though no doubt the Kremlin will try to put their usual (Russia the victim) spin on it

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Lovely to read that the bomb was hidden inside the statue he was presented with 👍. The partisans are very brave. Hopefully Prigozhin and others may receive presentations soon.
The Bellingcat spokesman suggested this about the attack:

1. Most likely cause was Ukraine.
2. A lower likelihood, but still possible, that it was an FSB style false flag operation to engender pro-war sentiment among the Russian people.
3. He pretty much dismissed the chance of it being due to partisans in an organised opposition effort from within Russia.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I saw an even better one than that but can't remember where. It might have been on Warthog.

It started of where a Russian guy being interviewed said something like. " The War is going well and to plan. We are achieving all our goals. We are achieving Denazification in Ukraine. We are achieving Demilitilisation in Ukraine . All our goals will soon be achieved when all the Russian Nazis are killed . And we will be Demilitarised when the Ukrainians destroy all our Russian weapons "

I thought that was a brilliant response 🤣🤣🤣 .

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I saw an even better one than that but can't remember where. It might have been on Warthog.

It started of where a Russian guy being interviewed said something like. " The War is going well and to plan. We are achieving all our goals. We are achieving Denazification in Ukraine. We are achieving Demilitilisation in Ukraine . All our goals will soon be achieved when all the Russian Nazis are killed . And we will be Demilitarised when the Ukrainians destroy all our Russian weapons "

I thought that was a brilliant response 🤣🤣🤣 .
I do enjoy it when an interviewee (in any situation) leads the question down the garden path...then turns it back 180 degrees 😉

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The Bellingcat spokesman suggested this about the attack:

1. Most likely cause was Ukraine.
2. A lower likelihood, but still possible, that it was an FSB style false flag operation to engender pro-war sentiment among the Russian people.
3. He pretty much dismissed the chance of it being due to partisans in an organised opposition effort from within Russia.
I meant Ukrainians already living in Russia (and there are many). 'Partisan' has a fairly general definition I believe - pretty much any secret group fighting for a cause.
Anyway, yes I saw the Bellingcat interview... always interesting to hear their take on things 👍.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lovely to read that the bomb was hidden inside the statue he was presented with 👍. The partisans are very brave. Hopefully Prigozhin and others may receive presentations soon.
I've read that Prigozhin cancelled going to the cafe at the last minute. Not sure whether that is true but could he have been tipped off ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it is only for a month. Not sure there is really much damage they can do which can't be undone in May.
The whole point of the UN is peace. Allowing Russia to have their ‘turn’ is tantamount to condoning war.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I've read that Prigozhin cancelled going to the cafe at the last minute. Not sure whether that is true but could he have been tipped off ? ???
Interesting one. I wonder if the blogger had posted anything negative about Wagner?
It's weird...if it was a Russian war bloggers meet-up, how on earth could Ukraine have got an explosive into the statue prize 🤷‍♂️

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Interesting one. I wonder if the blogger had posted anything negative about Wagner?
It's weird...if it was a Russian war bloggers meet-up, how on earth could Ukraine have got an explosive into the statue prize 🤷‍♂️
The woman who brought the statue in was a Ukrainian living in Russia. She is seen on CCTV and has been arrested. But they don't think she knew about it because she was standing close to him when it went off

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The woman who brought the statue in was a Ukrainian living in Russia. She is seen on CCTV and has been arrested. But they don't think she knew about it because she was standing close to him when it went off
I hadn't read that detail yet, where's your info from? Many of us clearly use different news feeds for Ukraine and I'm always interested in finding new ones. Many thanks 👍

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I hadn't read that detail yet, where's your info from? Many of us clearly use different news feeds for Ukraine and I'm always interested in finding new ones. Many thanks 👍
The following are good for info videos

Warthog

Kanal 13

UATV

Once you start using them. Algorithms start to get sent to your phone from other good websites

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don’t think the statue was a prize. Everything I’ve seen states it was a gift.

Not sure Ukraine could of pulled this off. Russian citizens did this IMO. Possibly with limited support from Ukraine itself.

Attacks like this could become more prevalent going forward.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks. The info about the Ukrainian woman bringing the package has reached the latest BBC bulletin now. I'll followup on your feeds 👍👍.
Sternenko is brilliant today on it. I knew he would be and he didn't disappoint.

You might need to open it in a new page if you want the option for English subtitles - There is a really funny bit where he says. The only disappointing thing about this news is that, as Vladen usually trolls me, I am going to have one less Subscriber :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here